08 ACR Brake Lines

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..Is there any advantage replacing stock bracke lines with ss/braded brake lines....what do you guys have!

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock rubber brake lines tend to expand after hard driving, and give a mushy brake feel while braking hard... getting the steel lines eliminates this..
You need to get better brake fluid as well while your at it.. like MOTOL 600

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone make the change and feel a difference? I would have thought that our was braided and covered in rubber to make them DOT legal . I am going to check mine tonight.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Changed mine right away from OE rubber to DOT approved braided stainless steel. Not so much for the better pedal feel, which seems to be the case, but I really don't want to take a chance on a piece of debris (body parts, etc.) damaging a brake line while on a road course.

Upgrade you brake fluid while you are changing (Motul 600 works well) and add speed bleeders too. For you guys that are more serious, add brake cooling ducts to your front brakes - could save you a couple of expensive rotors or a trip off track.

Call Dave at Dave's big brakes or Jon at Parts Rack for more info.

Dan

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Changed mine right away from OE rubber to DOT approved braided stainless steel. Not so much for the better pedal feel, which seems to be the case, but I really don't want to take a chance on a piece of debris (body parts, etc.) damaging a brake line while on a road course.

Upgrade you brake fluid while you are changing (Motul 600 works well) and add speed bleeders too. For you guys that are more serious, add brake cooling ducts to your front brakes - could save you a couple of expensive rotors or a trip off track.

Call Dave at Dave's big brakes or Jon at Parts Rack for more info.

Dan

MASH and X are right on:
'Better' pedal feel and modulation;
Shortened 'reaction time' of brake hardware = shorter stopping distances.
Consistant pedal feel even when lines are hot, lap after lap.
Road-hazard protection;
SRT10 specifc brackets and anti-strain reinforced fittings

Under $190/set 4, + fluid.

DUCTS: We are about 2 weeks away from a supplemental SRT10 ducted cooling kit for brakes

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone make the change and feel a difference? I would have thought that our was braided and covered in rubber to make them DOT legal . I am going to check mine tonight.

ACR Steve, with your track experience I can virtually GUARANTEE you will feel the diff.

You dont have to check: ACR lines are the same as SRT10 lines: Rubber.

SS lines are FIA-DOT and PVC clear-sheathed as well...you WILL notice better pedal!

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MASH and X are right on:
'Better' pedal feel and modulation;
Shortened 'reaction time' of brake hardware = shorter stopping distances.
Consistant pedal feel even when lines are hot, lap after lap.
Road-hazard protection;
SRT10 specifc brackets and anti-strain reinforced fittings

Under $190/set 4, + fluid.

DUCTS: We are about 2 weeks away from a supplemental SRT10 ducted cooling kit for brakes

Did mine which Jon supplied. :2tu:

This is a no brainer <$200 upgrade.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a problem with stock brake lines?

Have the OE brake lines ever failed anyone? For any reason?

Wow, what a broad question!

In all my Viper years I do not know of ANY case where OEM rubber lines spontaneously disintegrated or failed.

But ALL of them expand with extreme rotor heat in track events, and diminish brake pedal feel. And they expand more on lap 8 than on lap 1, so you are always modifying your braking point earlier to achive the same deceleration.

Until you feel the diff with SS lines vs rubber lines, you might not understand. The easiest description to relate: the pedal just feels "HARDER" at all times. Less spongy.

Last edited:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered mine from Jon B , trust me guys its a must do if you track the car. Besides the brake fluid heating up, our brakes and tires generate a ton of heat that will play havoc on the stock lines.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, do you have a pic of the brake ducts?? do they fit on the existing ones??? Just sent you an email for a set of the ss lines....

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changing Brake Lines = Easy....

Not Changing OEM Brake Lines to SS Lines & tracking your ACR or any Car = Why take the chance....

OP
OP
H

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you brought this thread back....since I have replaced the OEM brake lines with the StopTech /SS lines, the difference is day and night, love them.