08 Air Intake Modual

John Abbate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 08 hood for my 04. I need to replace the 04 air box with the 08 version? If so will the new air 08 air box fit my 04 along with the 08 air intake modual so everything fits properly to the new 08 hood?

:drive:

G

grcforce327

They just started production on the 08's,and you already have a 08 hood.INTERESTING!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Abbate

JonB told me he tried the 08 hood on 06 and it fit fine.

My 08 hood will be here tomorrow. One day this week the painter will put the hood on and check the fit.

Will keep you posted

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 08 airbox mostlikely will not fit since the 08 has dual throttle bodies. Jeff Lemke even mentioned that is lined up fine all. You shouldnt have to change anything.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it may be a week or two for me to receive the 2 grills. Be a month or so on the pad. I have a extra 2006 pad that I plan to cut to fit.

Two things I am very interested in finding out. How the hood intake will line up with my Paxton air box and the painting of the wider 06 stripes on the hood. It seems that the wider stripes will come over on a couple of the 08 hood louvers.

I wish I knew how wide the hood stripes are on the 2008's. The stripes on my 2006 coupe are 8 1/8" inches on front of the hood and 8 1/2" on the back of hood. It looks like the stripes on the front of the 2008's are 7"(+or-) wide???

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it may be a week or two for me to receive the 2 grills. Be a month or so on the pad. I have a extra 2006 pad that I plan to cut to fit.

Two things I am very interested in finding out. How the hood intake will line up with my Paxton air box and the painting of the wider 06 stripes on the hood. It seems that the wider stripes will come over on a couple of the 08 hood louvers.

I wish I knew how wide the hood stripes are on the 2008's. The stripes on my 2006 coupe are 8 1/8" inches on front of the hood and 8 1/2" on the back of hood. It looks like the stripes on the front of the 2008's are 7"(+or-) wide???

To my eyes, the new '08 stripes look like they are only 6"-7" wide in front, and about the same as before in back ... you may end up redoing the stripes, at least on the nose and roof, to make everything look right -- otherwise I think you may end up with some funny edges with wider stripes on an '08 hood.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'D hate to say I told you so, but the 2 airboxes are worlds apart, yes the HOOD will fit, but the airbox and the intake system are worlds apart and will not match up.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not say they are worlds apart, but they are a bit different in the way they direct the air flow. I just got my OEM hood last week and installed it on the car about an hour ago. It looks good. I'm going to drive it around for a while without doing any mods to the stock hood and see how it performs on my 04.

Anyhow, I just a got an e-mail from JonB stating the vent screens will not be in for a month or two.

Bummer.

For now, I'll use the screens from our version of the 08 hood.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

John Abbate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff

The problem is you can see warning labels due to the airbox issue not fitting as the 08 does? Looks kinda cheesy?

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it looks bad at all. From a certain angle you can see the warning sticker, but I don't think it's a biggie.

Jeff

P10101481.JPG

P1010149.JPG

P1010150.JPG

P1010151.JPG

OP
OP
J

John Abbate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff
Did red match or did you have to blend the fenders to match? My hood is at the bodyshop as we speak. My 2004 is also red like yours

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Doing some competitive comparisons? :eater:

Funny you should ask.

When I first had a 08 hood on my car back in January, I was completely drooling over the design. I was convinced there was no way possible to do a better job, design wise, than that OEM masterpiece. I had to give the hood back and decided to try for my own version of it.

When we finished our version of the hood I liked it ok, but I still was convinced the OEM version looked better. After having our version on the car for a few months and switching over to the OEM to take a look, I can see I did not give myself enough credit. I think the OEM version looks better in photos and our looks better in person. I like the bgger vents on the OEM, but I think the scoop on ours flows with the rest of the car better.

As of today that is my honest evaluation. I'm going to leave this on for a bit then switch them back to see how I feel. Three people who see the car all of the time (my wife included) past by the car several times today and never noticed I changed the hood. The overall look is pretty much the same.

Jeff

84.JPG

P10101481.JPG

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, I just purchased one of your hoods and it should arrive this week. I to love the look of your hood and can't wait to get it painted and put on my snake. I will post pictures of the car when everything is finished. Oh,, by the way, do you know when a hood pad is going to be available for this hood? Thanks Jeff!

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. I think your going to really like it once painted and on the car. I think the hood pads are supposed to be available in about a month.

Jeff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4