08 belanger system

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW
car was delivered today and managed to get an hour of driving in...First the appearance of the muffler tips are far better than i expected.....they actually protrude out a cm or two which looks nice.. i'd say the tips are much better designed than the corsa as well

Amazing sound (my cat still has not returned home)... more of a higher pitched tone at >4krpm but very meaty at lower rpm

Car just seems to go thru the rpms so much quicker...it flys

i pulled up to a gas station and also a chinese take out and the sound just turns heads, almost impossible to be inconspicuous

i'll get some pics up of all the mods in a day or two and try to figure out how to post a quick vid

Last edited:

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are thinking about sending the 08 back to Woodhouse for headers. Your post makes them sound like the way to go.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW
car was delivered today and managed to get an hour of driving in...First the appearance of the muffler tips are far better than i expected.....they actually protrude out a cm or two which looks nice.. i'd say the tips are much better designed than the corsa as well

Amazing sound (my cat still has not returned home)... more of a higher pitched tone at >4krpm but very meaty at lower rpm

Car just seems to go thru the rpms so much quicker...it flys

i pulled up to a gas station and also a chinese take out and the sound just turns heads, almost impossible to be inconspicuous

i'll get some pics up of all the mods in a day or two and try to figure out how to post a quick vid

Let me know when you plan on going to a N. TX VCA Meeting, I'd love to hear it in person.

Jason

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the Belanger system headers and exhaust and couldn't be happier.

It gives it the sound that it deserves.
Definitely more muscle. A little drone at about 2K rpms, but nothin I cant handle and well worth the power upgrade.
The power difference is VERY noticeable. Thnak god I got new tires cuz the stockers just keep spinning.

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the Belanger system headers and exhaust and couldn't be happier.

It gives it the sound that it deserves.
Definitely more muscle. A little drone at about 2K rpms, but nothin I cant handle and well worth the power upgrade.
The power difference is VERY noticeable. Thnak god I got new tires cuz the stockers just keep spinning.

Is your car a 2008? What tires did you put on? Thanks

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph Gilles had a set on his ACR when he did a track day with us recently. It sounds amazing. Deeper at lower RPm, though wouldn't say it's higher pitched at higher RPM, just a lot louder.

Had the ful belanger setup on my other SRT. The sound from the 08 on the full belanger system is reasonably close to the full system sound coming from the GenIII engines. It'll give you a good idea of what it sounds like. Can't wait to do it on the 08 now, but I'm waiting for the computer flash to get that extra 25hp bump on the same trip to the dealer.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph Gilles had a set on his ACR when he did a track day with us recently. It sounds amazing. Deeper at lower RPm, though wouldn't say it's higher pitched at higher RPM, just a lot louder.

Had the ful belanger setup on my other SRT. The sound from the 08 on the full belanger system is reasonably close to the full system sound coming from the GenIII engines. It'll give you a good idea of what it sounds like. Can't wait to do it on the 08 now, but I'm waiting for the computer flash to get that extra 25hp bump on the same trip to the dealer.

Smokin --

To what 25 hp flash/bump are you referring? Thanks.

/Rich

Reaction score

You may just want to go ahead with the headers now because I doubt there is going to be ANY performance flash especially from the SRT team. And if there were I doubt it combined with the headers you will get the increase multipled at all if it even works together. Just do it now and enjoy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4