08 Won't fill-up with gas

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welllll... I wish I had good news. It turns out that the fuel tank ball is locked in the closed position. So it's not allowing gas in. I looked at it, I was hoping for a vent tube, but tube is fine.

So, new gas tank is on the way, nice, just what I wanted to hear on my 800 mile car.. Yippee...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I retried the problematic pump near my house again, did the 180 deg spin on the pump handle (essentially upside down) and it worked great. I probably looked pretty funny standing there holding a gas pump upside down on an expensive car. ha

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my '06 Chrysler 300 hemiC. I have to literally-and dangerously-pull the nozzle to the very edge of the filler tube in order to fill it in 1/10 gallon spurts. It takes 5 minutes to fill it from 1/4 to full. I think it's either the evap cannister (once replaced with great results) or a kinked vent tube or something like that. It's under warranty, so maybe I can get her fixed next week.

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: took the car to the track today (man this car is FAST), but now they car won't take ANY gas. I only got 2 20 minutes sessions in before I needed to fill it up, and it just dumps on the ground. How embarassing. I'm there with slicks on, all ready to rough up some vettes, and I have to walk off before noon because I can't get any gas in the thing. I even let it sit for an hour to cool off, no love.

Nice one, I even heard people saying "best america can do, $100k for a car, and it doesn't even run." Yeah and my dealership has replaced 100s of gas tanks, what a simple repair sweet!!!

But !#$^! that car is fast. I'm used to flooring it out of the turns on my other 2, and when I do that in this car, spin-city, you really have to baby that throttle.. Maybe 1 day I'll break 1000 miles.

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No problem filling the gas tank, but the spring on the gas door handle broke today, lost it's tension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinusbeats