08s For Sale on Showroom Floors

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it weird that I'm sitting here waiting (as well as many others) for our per-sold 9 month ago ordered car, and a few are sitting around on showroom floors.

Theres a blue convertible at Dallas Dodge, and a SSG/White Coupe at Grapevine Dodge.

The convertible, was "ordered by the GM, but he retired" and the coupe was "ordered since we are a minorioty owned business and receievd help from Chrysler).

Anyway, if you're interested (i would love the SSG to go to some other state, I'd love to be the only one here :) here's some contact info:

Dallas Dodge: (they are a sponsor of our local VCA and where I ordered my SSG): (214) 327-9361 - MSRP

Grapevine Dodge: I went and saw the SSG yesterday, my goodness I'm excited... Sean Dougher: 817-410-7500. They have a 10k premium on the car, but I would guess everything is negotiable.

Attachments

• 07 xmas party 024-sm.jpg
    07 xmas party 024-sm.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 07 xmas party 025-sm.jpg
    07 xmas party 025-sm.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 250
  • 07 xmas party 026-sm.jpg
    07 xmas party 026-sm.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 246

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same old story. Customer orders only..LOL. "customers" meaning any employee name that they can put down on an order sheet. I guess the GM can order as many as he wants for 'himself' eh? "Minority owned" prob means someone's wife. Just speculation-The GM who disappeared after orderin, prob retired 5 yrs before the order was placed, and had no idea his name was on the order form.

Chrysler should seize the car and give it to you!! I would never buy from them after hearing they are doing this to their own customers. That is BS!

Last edited:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vettes had a Gumby Green some yrs ago that had a short life span on the options list. Odd colored shades can be cute inside the showroom, but might be hard to resell..

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same old story. Customer orders only..LOL. "customers" meaning any employee name that they can put down on an order sheet. I guess the GM can order as many as he wants for 'himself' eh? "Minority owned" prob means someone's wife. Just speculation-The GM who disappeared after orderin, prob retired 5 yrs before the order was placed, and had no idea his name was on the order form.

Chrysler should seize the car and give it to you!! I would never buy from them after hearing they are doing this to their own customers. That is BS!

It is NOT right but some Dealers pull this crap all the time!:mad:

snake-charmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a related note, does Dodge have a website you can search to see who does have one? I found my Z06 using gmbuypower.com. Is there an equivalent?

I'm itching to see an 08 in person, but the dealers around here don't seem to have any intentions of getting one.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it's for real...

You must be registered for see images

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really does look much different up close -vs- from a distance doesn't it?! Amazing when well lit. To me, the car looks the best from the rear 2/3 view.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering when I saw it, why it doesn't say Dodge Viper on the rear bumper. I thought that they left it off for 08, but all the other 08's I've seen has it on there. Is that an emblem that dodge is supposed to add before painting it?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That last picture in the sequence is one of the most beautiful pictures of the Snakeskin Green I have seen. Thanks.

/Rich

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pix (much better than mine)! As far as dealers having orders in longer, that's incorrect, as many of us ordered the day ordering opened at the exact time the dealership opened, just to get in first.

After looking in person, I do have to say it will look much meaner with black stripes, the whites are nice, but it's not as sharp a contrast. ANY DAY NOW!

Tator- Yeah they WANT 10k over sticker, but I doubt they'll get it. having said that, if someone wants a green, can't order one now, can't wait for some other color, and don't want a used 1 in 6 mos, I guess 10k isn't too much to pay (not that I would).

One other thing, I absolutely disagree on the green resale comment, not that I'll be selling this beast...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. That seems blatently fraudulent to me.

There's nothing fraudulent about selling something above MSRP. It's called Capitalism. Don't like the price, don't buy the goods. I don't recall that car prices have ever been controlled by the government like your phone bill. They can do as they please until they lose business! And still do it till they tank if they want to!

America is a great country, eh?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey it broke the 6-figure mark! Yipee! Not!

However it's now, making my lil ole 06' Coupe (full load GTS Blue, S/S, 5 Spoke Wheels and Sirius) with full 7 yr, 100,000 mile, $0 Dedictible factory extended warranty, car I purchased new in November 2006 for $75K look like a real, real good deal.

Actually I am admiantly against the dealer "****" sticker, but supply and demand I guess. Colorado will have it's usual $15K-$30K adders on it, just like the Z06, Shelbys, etc. in years past.

Sorry that it drives the price up for everyone in the market for a new one (I happen to love the SSG, but with Black or Graphite Stripes only), but for us 06' Coupe owners that purchased when we did, it might offset the fact that we are driivng a car not up to the par of the 08's , yet with an iniial lower price, the 06 Coupe might actually hold it's value a bit better than the 03-06' verts.

Guess time will tell, but beautiful car. I am sure by Spring time, someone will pony up the cash for the adder. Not me, but there is always someone who wants to be ahead of the Jones'.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's nothing fraudulent about selling something above MSRP. It's called Capitalism. Don't like the price, don't buy the goods. I don't recall that car prices have ever been controlled by the government like your phone bill. They can do as they please until they lose business! And still do it till they tank if they want to!

The question was how they can get away with saying the MSRP is $100,945.00 (note the price at the top of the sheet in your third photo) when it's really $90,945.00. Not how they get away with tacking on $10,000 to the sticker price which should have been noted next to the "ADDED MARK-UP" line. But, I'd have a hard time calling it misleading with the window sticker right next to it.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Apparently you lack the ability to read. The fraudulent aspect was saying the 6 figure price was the MSRP, not the $10k lower price which is the real MSRP.

I have no problem with capitalism, just fraud!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302