09 black CTS-V to go with black/silver Viper

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled some strings with my dealer and got one of the first deliveries of a Caddy CTS-V. Traded an M5 for it. At 556 it has more HP than my 06 Viper. Both are black which means Zaino should survive the recession.

So far neat car. Paddle shifters and noticably faster off line than my M.

Hope to post pics soon. There are some pics on the caddy forum. For $65k this is a helluva lot of car.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who woulda thunk a few years ago, (and even today) that an off the show room caddy would take an M5 on the street? :drive: :omg:

congrats on the new ride

:usa:

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled some strings with my dealer and got one of the first deliveries of a Caddy CTS-V. Traded an M5 for it. At 556 it has more HP than my 06 Viper. Both are black which means Zaino should survive the recession.

So far neat car. Paddle shifters and noticably faster off line than my M.

Hope to post pics soon. There are some pics on the caddy forum. For $65k this is a helluva lot of car.

Nice, I've been considering the new V myself. Please post pics. So you got it for 65K... not bad.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey viperdrummer...VERY cool on the CTS-V...one of my favorite cars...as I'm sorry to see the XLR was discontinued. Have you pm'd your VIN# to the moderators to upgrade yourself to VIPER OWNER? DUDE, you certainly deserve to be THAT! As you know, you live in a GREAT region for events too (*hint*hint*...lol). ENJOY and PICS, please! (Of BOTH cars, even if they're 'just' stock cars, would love to see the pics of them side-by-side!) ENJOY! ~juli

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Answers: My M5 was an 06, current body style 510 HP. Juli--I guess I am lazy, I have been on board since day 1 with Jon B and the other dinsaurs but have never registered my VINs. I guess I don't keep cars long enough.

I had an XLR--V also--a maddening car. Beautiful but finacky. Lots of HP no handling sold it for M5.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Answers: My M5 was an 06, current body style 510 HP. Juli--I guess I am lazy, I have been on board since day 1 with Jon B and the other dinsaurs but have never registered my VINs. I guess I don't keep cars long enough.
I had an XLR--V also--a maddening car. Beautiful but finacky. Lots of HP no handling sold it for M5.

Ah, gotcha on the XLR-V...never handled one so didn't know that, but yeah, great styling! Easy enough to just forward your VIN# to upgrade to VIPER OWNER! You deserve that at least, especially being one of the very first ones on here~~:2tu:. ~juli

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also considering trading in an M5 for the new CTS-V; I would love your impressions of the car both in terms of performance, comfort and fit and finish over time. Thanks.

/Rich

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear they are delivering the new V- I'm owner of a 2004, and it is time to upgrade. Unfortunately they won't put the motor in the new STATION WAGON!

PBR

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've got a Dinan S2-M5 (a Beast with incredible sound) and am thinking hard about the new CTS-V. All reports I've heard have been impressive.

Did you get the auto or 6x?

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He mentioned paddle shifters so he must have gotten the auto, too bad....

Not really. All the guys who drove these in testing said auto/paddles was way to go. Auto had better times. There are huge discussions about this on Caddy forum. Also it will be a daily driver and I have plenty of stick cars if I get the urge .

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove the new ctsv a few weeks ago at the Monticello Racetrack for a day with the GM performance division. Awesome machine. you will not be disappointed.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I test drove a CTS-V 6sp 2004 last week, going for $25K, couldn't believe the power a sedan could produce and it felt like a sports car!

I can't wait to see the pics of your new ride!!!!

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice, congrats. Other than both being black and having 5## hp they couldn't be more different cars. Gotta be nice switching back and forth depending on the mood.

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What dealer did you get it from? I just bought a new Escalade ESV and dealt with Moore in Richmond. GREAT guys down there. I drove over 2 1/2hrs to get the truck. No one around here in MD would even come close to the deal they gave me.

Good Luck on the V!!!!

ROB

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moore in Chantilly. I use Moore here (Richmond) for service of my Caddies. Chantily is largest dealer in world and could get me this CTS much quicker.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool car! I've driven the paddle shift/auto....was cool for a few days...then I began to feel limited with it. make mine a real six speed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala