09 New Rims

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if you all saw this in the "09 prototype" thread so i figured i would post it for the world to see.

supposedly this is the new rim option for 09. If so, I have mixed feelings.

vipersaleenplanttour

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They also look similar to the rims that came on the Mustang Cobra edition awhile back.

I think they definitely are better than the 10 spoke, H wheels and Razors but i think the 5 look better, from pictures anyway.

I bet they are light.

I think pete is right, I will have to see them in person.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They also look similar to the rims that came on the Mustang Cobra edition awhile back.

I think they definitely are better than the 10 spoke, H wheels and Razors but i think the 5 look better, from pictures anyway.

I bet they are light.

I think pete is right, I will have to see them in person.

Good observation. They do look very similar to the Cobra wheels from the 2004 time period.

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like them better then the razor wheels but less then the 5 spoke and H wheels.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They look light (maybe too light for the track) ...and I like them better than the 'H' wheels

But I still like the Razors the best.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...they are kind of boring. Not much imagination put into those...

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also be curious as to the weight of these rims; I am looking for a second set of track rims that is comparable to or lighter than the Sidewinders on my 2008 (17.5 lbs front and 25 lbs rear).

/Rich

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They just dont look like they fit the aggressive look the Viper should have. They kind of tone it down IMHO.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't know why they don't make a real deep dish wheel like on the Lambo's. We run the same size tires, lets show'm off.

They say the width of the axle is the issue but still?

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt it has to do with axles. I am sure it is strength and durability. the last thing Dodge wants to deal with is owners complaining about bent rims.

Last edited:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I haven't seen a stock Viper wheel that is relatively "light" with the exception of the Sidewinders and the earlier Gen II BBS ACR wheels. Most stock wheels and very strong and heavy. Maybe these will be the exception.

I couldn't get the first post to open, but could see the red car. To me, they look OK in the photo but like most things Viper will likely look better in person.

Dan

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Never was much on the 10 spoke or the razors ... The H and 5 spoke get my vote for the street. But, if this is a new light weight race wheel, sign me up ... :)

Great tour! Thanks for the post!!!

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. When I think 6 spoke rims, I immediately think of the Nissan Skyline GTR R34 model. As well, the 6spoke theme also makes me recall the Prowler Yellow Hennessey 650R that Motor Trend tested way back when. You can also think of the HRE 546s that I know many people on this forum have on their cars.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely like them better than the regular 5-spokes, however I still prefer the 08' razor wheels or the 06' 10-spoke wheels. In my world the 08' razors are better then the previous 10-spokes, because the 06' 10-spoke wheels were very similar to the ones offered on 04' ZO6 corvettes... Nevertheless, they're all nice wheels. However, I never could appreciate the H-spoke for some reason. It just looks kind of weird in my eyes...

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like these wheels. I still prefer the 5-spoke wheels a bit more, but I like these better than the H-wheels, 10 spoke, or sidewinder wheels.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang