1/4 Mile Fun

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well last night several of the North Texas club went to the 1/4 mile strip to have a little fun. We had a couple of first timers David Oakes finished the night with a 12.2 at 118 in his 97 GTS. Robert Gavitt did a 12.4 at 116 and I didn't get to see any of the other guys run. I did however get to line up with a new stock SRT Greg's, unfortunately I over staged and redlighted, but we both ran 12.3's these things are fast! At the end of the night we were all very pleased and I think some might even be addicted. I did also have a small milestone, I managed to pull a 12.1 at 117, which was pleasing because I am having a major A/F problem (running to lean) which I am hoping my new Vec will fix and my clutch is going out. I also had two 1.85 sixty footers and a 1.79. This was nice and disapointing at the same time because the week before last my best sixty was 1.74 all on my pilot sports. But all in all we had a great time and got to see some pretty cool cars run. As an FYI I ran a guy in a Lightning who was running 15lbs of boost, and this guy turned a 12.7 with slicks, had he hooked it would have been a LOT tighter race.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was suppose to go! But I mis-communicated with Ted (my fault) about the drive down.

Everybody going again next Friday?