1/4 mile time

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
does anybody know what the 1/4 mile time is for a stock 05 srt10 viper is using drag radials ? <font color="yellow"> </font> :mad:

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i hope it is not that bad my o5 c6 conv vett runs 12.6 w drag radials on it it has 400 hp, does the viper have 500 hp ? :cool:

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
At 1.1 seconds behind the Viper not only would you not be able to read the Viper's license plate, you wouldn't even know what state it was from.

DJ Self

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anybody know what the 1/4 mile time is for a stock 05 srt10 viper is using drag radials ? <font color="yellow"> </font> :mad:

Should be good for 11.8's

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
at englishtown,nj i ran 12.2 twice being on the brakes at the line so that i
would not break out of et. later i found out i didnt need to worry about breaking
out. with that being said it was my 04 with stock tires. i think i could have
been in the 11's which would have been great for englishtown. i will be running
at a couple tracks in maryland soon, i'll post how i did. i'm in the process
now looking for drag tires if i dont get them i'll be running on the stock tires.
my biggest problem so far is my 60ft times, best being about 2.1, it should be
in the high 1's. i think its because the stock tires dont hookup coming out of
the hole.

tom, varom varoom :headbang: :headbang:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Should be good for 11.8's

That can be Had on stock tires with the right conditions.

I would think DRs will put a DECENT driver in the 11.5 range, and a very good driver a couple tenths quicker.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh oh. Sounds like we're getting into "My Mustang with a chip and $5 pulley..." territory.

Just think, an Enzo runs 11s and has an MSRP of $600K

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rentme, you have made 7 POOR posts so far. Please start reading and trying your new car (if you really own one). How can you state with a sense of reality that an auto (touchless) car wash causes leaks, you want to compare times between a Gen II and Gen III and what would be the drag time with drag radials all within a day??? I mean Geez!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'd be surprised at an 11.5 with just drag radials, but it depends more on the driver and track conditions than the car.

And by the way, rentme, 1.1 seconds difference is about 11 car lenghts, Viper ahead of Vette. That's blown away in a quarter mile.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rentme doesn't own a viper. He has a 1988 corvette..i know..

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats funny that he is talking so much smack. In 1988 a corvette had like 245hp. He must be a diehard vette boy.

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey ron i mean geez sorry if im bothering u viper guys i am new to these beasts ( new srt10 9 days ago ) i own 10 different sport cars about 600 k worth in a small rental buisness i have to race a 01 fixed roof fri6/10 @ n e dragway in nh just wanted some help but if my questions are to hard for you guys i am truly sorry :confused:

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey john e what smack have i been talking on this forum ???all i have been is asking some simple questions !!

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey vladi go [******] your self here in america its freedom of speech stay over in ski country w/ your viper and snow tires!!!!!!!!! :usa: :usa: :usa:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your questions are ignorant or insulting. BUT it is true they are SIMPLE.

Do not come to the VIPER site to push Vettes. It won't work.

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
viperfreak i am sorry my questions are ignorant or insulting totaly not intentional i love my srt and am not pushing vetts at all i just want to blow my buddies hopped up vett of the drag strip

SRT10_SWISS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...... ( new srt10 9 days ago ) i own 10 different sport cars about 600 k worth .........

Thomas or rentme,

with all this 'background' it should be easy for you to just walk to one of the tuner like [******] or Heffner and say: **** my ride, dude.

:D :D

8794109-0984_IMGb-med.JPG

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nice pics i have 4 days till i race this vett at ne dragway fri night june 6 just wanted some help his veet runs 11.4 thanx

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
chuck thats not whats important bablemotorsports help me out.....

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RentMe, please spell in full sentences. I am getting a headache trying to figure out what the heck you are trying to say.

But what you need is Practice at the strip. Vipers are a handful until you get used to them.
The launch takes practice, lots of it.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thomas (Rentme), try this:

Hello, my name(name). I just bought a new (color) SRT10, and have some few questions about performance and improvements to this great car. What is the 1/4 mile time ? What kind of modifications are popular ? How do you wash, care for your Viper ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
(Name)

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver skill is one of the most important things in getting a good 1/4 mile time in a Viper. Story:

2 weeks ago at the Greer Dragway (1/8 mile) I'm sitting in the stands watching to see if anything interesting is running, before bringing the Viper down. In the lanes is a copper C6 vette. The guy has his helmet on (his lane was currently not running) and he was inching foward. I thought what a ****, just stay behind the white line UNTIL your lane is running. He then proceeds to pull towards the water box! The guy running the lanes decides who is next and is pissed! He yells for the guy to back up. He does, gets out of his car and takes off his helmet. He's probably 65-70. Got a NEW VETTE and doesn't have a clue about drag racing or how to drive. No offense on age here, he just looked like a dork. Florida gold chainer if I ever saw one. SO, when he finally gets to run, guess what he does? EVERYTHING WRONG. Big suprise. Pulled in the water box and does a burnout still in the puddles. He sprays the crowd. The announcer JUST FINISHED SAYING DO NOT BURN OUT WHILE STILL IN THE WATER, PULL FORWARD FIRST. So he drags water all the way up to the lights......
Now, being a novice in a six-speed you would think he would leave the cumputer nanny ON for his first ever run. Nope. The guy overshoots the staging lights then has to back up. The MUSTANG GT (non-cobra) waits patiently and someone has to guide him to setting the lights (wasn't he just watching for the last twenty minutes?) and the yellows count down GREEN....2.6 seconds later he launches. Full throttle. Car is sideways through the 60'. Second gear, car lurches sideways more. Everyone laughs as the Mustang crosses the finish line. 8.7 for the Stang. Vette dude still spinning finally hooks up and finishes the 1/8 mile in 10.6.

When he comes back around for another try, many people are leaning in the window telling him to KEEP THE TRACTION CONTROL COMPUTER ON! He does and runs much better.

Vipers have no computer.