1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1" Seat Lowering Kit or 2"?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by Chris Bruce, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Chris Bruce

Chris Bruce Enthusiast

1\" Seat Lowering Kit or 2\"?

I am 6'1" and driving hasnt been a big issue with stock height, but I know I can not wear my helment for track events. I had planned to put a 2" seat kit, but I read it also moves the seat up about 3".
    If I am correct the 1" allows seat to operate like factory, but the 2" locks the seat and moves it forward, any suggestions?
    Anyone have a 1" kit for sale?

2. Mike Dolan

Mike Dolan Viper Owner

Re: 1

I started with a 2" kit, and switched to the 1" kit. I don't think the 2" moves the seat forward that much, but a bit. The 1" kit works pretty much like the stock system. I am also 6'1", but more longlegged and medium torso. A friend is the same height as me, but needed the 2" kit, so your guess should perhaps be based more on your torso than total height. Hopefully that will help more than confuse you.

3. AG98RT10

AG98RT10 Viper Owner

Two inch kit was the only possible way to fit 6-5 of me in.
    I don't think it moves it forward much, and really tall people need to rake the seat back a bit more anyway. Hardest thing is getting in and out of the car with the seat dropped that much.

4. Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR Viper Owner

I'' kit and I'm 6'2''. Haven't tracked the SRT/10 yet, but I'm sure I'll need to angle the seat back for more helmet room.

2005 Silver SRT/10
    2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

5. Y2K10 SRT#39

Y2K10 SRT#39 Viper Owner

2" lowering for 6'6" and my seat back is always against the bulkhead.
    I would recommend the 2" kit as you can adjust the pedals to suit.

PBR

6. Vipera Russelli

Vipera Russelli Enthusiast

I'm 5'9" and like the 2" kit better (I started with the 1" adjustable kit). Although the one-inch kit provides for forward and aft adjustment, the two-inch kit is better anchored and a lot more stable. The two-inch kit also allows you to keep your amp under the passenger seat.

7. Chris Bruce

Chris Bruce Enthusiast

Thanks for all the advice, I think I will start with the 2" kit.