10 Pt. Cage...(ACRX)

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a quote to put one in my 08 coupe track car in a couple weeks. A cage similar to the ACR-X.

After the build on my "might as well" Gen 2 car, thought I would check here to see what kind of money people are paying elsewhere to get one installed.

Thanks.... :eater:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, the only Gen III/IV coupe I've seen with a cage (except the X's) is Michael VonQ's ACR in NV. Not sure if he did that before or after he got his X cars? If you need his email shoot me a pm. Good luck with your project! Mike

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cage in an X is factory installed and very very well done . If you are getting quotes to copy a factory cage it will be very expensive . What type of numbers are they asking?

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 06 FE is in the process of being caged right now.. I'll let you know the $ when its all said and done.

The ACR-X cage won't pass NASA tech btw. It's main hoop fails.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call ART, I know you have done business with them before. They did the cage in my car and you can find my original thread of my 2008 ACR to ACRX. The cage is very close. I would not share the cost as I doubt ART will do it for that price again. They did a great job and would recommend two changes but they are minor.

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cage in an X is factory installed and very very well done . If you are getting quotes to copy a factory cage it will be very expensive . What type of numbers are they asking?

No doubt, the X cars are made very well. I'm lucky enough to have two track buddies here in STL that have them. I've studied them extensively.
I am currently building another car with a 25/3 drag style cage. Believe me, I know they are expensive.....:rolleyes:

My 06 FE is in the process of being caged right now.. I'll let you know the $ when its all said and done.

The ACR-X cage won't pass NASA tech btw. It's main hoop fails.

Magnus... Yor car is getting a cage right now and you don't know the $ figure? Please be careful with that one.
I went into the same scenario with the above mentioned drag car I am building. That car is way, way...way over the original budget....

As far as a certification, my chassis builder pointed that out as well as a couple other "things" we can do differently.

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call ART, I know you have done business with them before. They did the cage in my car and you can find my original thread of my 2008 ACR to ACRX. The cage is very close. I would not share the cost as I doubt ART will do it for that price again. They did a great job and would recommend two changes but they are minor.

Thanks F8L, I was just doing a search for your thread....:D
I have referred to it several times as I am going basically the same route you did with your car. Thanks again for doing such a good job of documenting and photographing the build.

I planned to give David a call for sure. I saw some of Matt's work when I was down there last and was impressed. And since they are maintaining 3 X cars that I know of, who better to ask.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You bet, if you choose them let me know and I'll tell you the two areas that I wish were a little different. Not hiding them but can explain better on a verbal conversation. They are in relation to the rear x brace and the main down bars by the dash. Good luck either way. Also, let me know if you need more pictures. I have more that I never posted.

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Generally a good cage will run 5K and a great cage will be 8-9K

I agree.

I am not one to brag, but I think I have one of the best cages in my car. Mark McMahan (therollcageguy.com) in Canton, Ohio, did mine. It is a work of art! I think I paid $7,500 for it (the reason I say "think" is that it was done in the middle of a full-on car build and I had many, many other bills being paid at that time).

BTW, if someone wants the entire car that goes with the cage, it is for sale...$65,000 for one of the best STO/ST1 cars in the country. Fast, very fast. :)

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generally a good cage will run 5K and a great cage will be 8-9K

I agree.

I am not one to brag, but I think I have one of the best cages in my car. Mark McMahan (therollcageguy.com) in Canton, Ohio, did mine. It is a work of art! I think I paid $7,500 for it (the reason I say "think" is that it was done in the middle of a full-on car build and I had many, many other bills being paid at that time).

BTW, if someone wants the entire car that goes with the cage, it is for sale...$65,000 for one of the best STO/ST1 cars in the country. Fast, very fast. :)

That's kinda what I was thinking. My "not to exceed" price for the cage only is $8K.

Since the car will be apart in the shop, I am going to get some Delrin bushings cut, adjustable tie rodends etc....

You know how it goes...."While we're in there, might as well"....

Wait a minute, that sounds familiar.......:omg::omg::omg:

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tree: my cage also included connecting the front and rear suspensions to the cage, which really adds to the price of things.

bross

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For your not to exceed number Hallowell would be able to put in a fabulous cage with some extras, he does amazing work...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950