1000+ HP cars

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UGR has a few 1000+ rwhp
I know ShankSRT did 1200+ (pegged the dyno) with 1150(ish) rwtq.
They also had a Gen 2 that pegged the dyno at 1200rwhp.

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
saw Doug Levin yesterday and I am close to taking the plunge to get to 1000.... put having to turn over my car for a few months is not making me happy.

Reaction score
I heard Roof's car from Under Ground Racing is pretty sick. Big Power!!! ;)

There are a lot out there... these are from Underground Racing...

*Brian Anderson 1000+ rwhp Blower
*Aarin Black SRT 1200+ rwhp TT
*Ryan Sliver SRT 1200+ rwhp TT
*Don Wilson 96 GTS 1200+ rwhp TT
*David Boggs 01 GTS 1200++?? rwhp TT
a lot more in progress come!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg Bauer of Pleasanton Califorina had a twin turbo kit put on his Silver SRT by a small shop in Fort Collins, Colorado. The place is called Redline Motorsports. At low boost, the SRT made 720 RWHP and 831 RWTQ, and at high boost the SRT made 1026 RWHP and topped out the dyno at 1250+ RWTQ.

I've heard about RedLine Motorsports before, but never looked any closer. I stopped into their site and was a little surprised to see the price they quote on their TT:

" RMS Offers complete built Viper Motors for Turbo/Supercharger Ref: rmsturbomotors
Need big power? Trying to achieve 1000+ hp from your Dodge Viper? We offer built motors that will handle the stress of a big supercharger or Twin Turbo kit. Please call for more details! Our stock cube V10 Turbo engines start at $10,999! RMS PRICE: $10,999.00"

But then I dug a little further:

"RMS Twin Turbo Kits start at $16,995. Please call for more information. RMS TT kits are ONLY offered installed and fabricated in house! This delivers the BEST quality assurance and tuning for our customers. All you need to do is drive!
RMS PRICE: $16,995.00"

Not really sure what the cost is...... maybe one is for Gen II and one for Gen III?

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are all really nice HP levels. OR... if you could find a way to fit one of our C-130 prop engine in one then you'd really be set. With up to 16,000 out-put shaft HP and TQ on tap, just find axels strong enough to handle and your buddies will think your 1/4 mile times are really your 60 ft times. :2tu:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo's Dyno Sheets:

11221512_RWTQ_dyno.jpg

and

11221512_RWTQ1.jpg

:eek: :headbang: :2tu:

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gerald, those numbers are approx flywheel. You can put me down for 1500/1500 rwhp/rwtq just to be safe. :laugh:

Chad, have you got any Dyno sheets to show the 1500 RWHP/1500 RWTQ claimed?

oooooooohhhhh my god thats freaking mustang dyno #'s as well. So thats like 1400 rwhp on a dyno jet.

wow speachless

vd..

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, those numbers are approx flywheel. You can put me down for 1500/1500 rwhp/rwtq just to be safe. :laugh:

Chad, have you got any Dyno sheets to show the 1500 RWHP/1500 RWTQ claimed?

oooooooohhhhh my god thats freaking mustang dyno #'s as well. So thats like 1400 rwhp on a dyno jet.

wow speachless

vd..

Dmitry, I am glad you like my dyno sheets! Keep in mind that was also on a 500 RWHP/stock stroke motor with hydraulic cam from the supercharger setup I had. No crazy solid lifters and solid roller cam like some have..... The 1278 RWHP was only at 5600 RPM, the dyno owner would not let me rev it past 5600 due to the roller speed being in excess of 220 MPH @5600 with the .69 overdrive and the 27.5" tall tires!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always wondered why people thought that 1000hp + cars don't have AC. The only time my AC broke was when the compressor leaked... and that happens on 6 year old cars. So I replaced the hose and all was fine. But there is some assumption that fast cars can't have A/C. Why is that?

JD

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always wondered why people thought that 1000hp + cars don't have AC. . . is some assumption that fast cars can't have A/C. Why is that?
So true, but there is one situation i've seen that gives the question a little more basis. The external/dry sump oiling system that Fat Albert does puts the dry sump pump right where the compressor is and the tank where the air box is which makes it a race only deal as far as I am concerned. However, Albert tells me he can now do it with the AC in place via alternative mounting. Here is a pic of the normal system.

You must be registered for see images

Just gotta remember that there are not many cars other than Vipers that have 1,000 hp and are driveable like you guys with monster Vipers.

Un'sidepiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thinking comes from supercharged musclecars where you will almost never see an ac unit, since it runs off of the crank does AC rob hp or is that a myth?

:usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on 1000hp, that can't be street legal? What happens if you get pulled over?

I have heard that question a hundred times? :p