1000hp Viper on Ebay

OP
OP
X

xSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything is possible, but I’m pretty sure that is not what happened in this case. I’ve been in contact with the owner and winner of the auction. The owner told me that the guy who won the auction had someone out to inspect the car prior to the end of auction, and that the deal was all but final. I was the 2nd highest bidder but I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to out bid the guy who wanted the car. If it is what he says it is, it’s a pretty good deal. The supra owner above probably knows about the car because the shop where most of the work was done, Intense Motorsports in AZ, appears to specialize in Supras and other imports.

I would guess that the 2nd auction was someone who hijacked an e-bay account, and thought this was a good auction to copy, in the hopes of someone sending a Western Union deposit. I remember a while ago, I was looking for a Yamaha YFZ-450 (quad), and it seemed that most of the auctions were scams, listing them for a few thousand less than the market price, private auction, and they all wanted you to send a deposit to Rome via Western Union. Probably the same kind of thing happened here, but I doubt the seller or winner of this auction had anything to do with it.

:rolleyes: It's obvious what happened. The seller (1st time) had someone bidding on his car for him in hopes that person will be out bided and they get what they want or more. Auction ended and his buddy has bought it. He (owner of the car) then relisted it under some other seller. Probably withdrew it when someone else confronted him (email) It's a crooked way of doing things and shows just how honest that owner is. There are good Ebay sellers out there but you have to do your homework and know what you’re buying.

TwoBryans

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK guys and gals,

My name is Bryan. I am a collector from the Richmond VA area. The car was listed once with no reserve and a starting bid of $63k. The auction ended with no bids. About half way through the first auction, I began discussing the car with the seller and researching the car and the company that did the R&D on the car. Before I could have the car checked out the seller relisted the car with a reserve because he and I had not worked out the logistics of the purchase and I had not yet had the opportunity to have the car checked out. I decided to wait and bid on the car so that the seller and I would have the opportunity to leave appropriate feedback for each other if I were to win. After I won the auction, some scam artist used the ad for the car and put it under someones user identity that they had stolen on eBay and as soon as eBay found out, they removed the auction. I can assure you this. I have already paid in full for the car and it is mine. If anyone has any questions or would like to discuss the car, I am available at 804-426-3600 and would prefer to talk rather than type. Have a great day!

Thanks,
Bryan

TwoBryans

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355,

Thanks. I'm not sure about the Roe. I've heard the Paxton works better. I guess we'll see when it gets here. Have a great day!

Bryan :confused:

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. My statement was only based on the research of the ad and the multiple listings (sellers or whatever). Too bad there’s no way for a Ebay user to find those things out. As ads are closed or removed there’s no way to know who did it or why. Fact is reserve or not you can pull a ad anytime you feel like it for what ever reason. As an avid Ebay user I was just saying you got to do your homework and know what you’re doing. I’ve bought 4 vehicles and a boat. All were good deals and I was completely satisfied. You’re feedback as a seller is your livelihood.

Quote: I decided to wait and bid on the car so that the seller and I would have the opportunity to leave appropriate feedback for each other if I were to win.

If I was in the market for that car I would have made some calls and emails myself. I still say that as it stands the whole thing looked shady. Just my .02 Congrats and good luck with the car. :2tu:

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TwoBryans. I do my history work and this is just one other thing that caught my eye on the exact thing I talked about.

Prior Ebay Purchase?

What ? I like the fact you can purchase a 66k car and then buy motor ? No description ! No Nothing ! Just Motor. Like I said before

Shady :rolleyes: Just my .02

TwoBryans

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperrt96,

I really can't understand how me contacting a eBay member that was advertising clothes dryer motors that didn't have one listed like I needed, but did have one in stock that was nice enough to list it so we could leave feedback for eash other has anything to do with me buying another Viper.

Real simple:
1)My son put too many wet clothes in the dryer and burned up the motor.
2)I found a seller on eBay that was selling motors that had the correct one in stock, but not listed.
3)The seller agreed to post a quick auction so we could leave feedback for each other.
That's it. No more, no less.

It's a shame that you have nothing better to do with your time than look for excuses to try to discredit someone you don't know over something that you know nothing about. I have been collecting cars for 25 years and am very well known and respected in most collector car circles and my reputation is above reproach. Your time would probably be better spent trying to discredit someone that you actually have a chance of discrediting. I hope you have a happy and safe life. Have a great day!

Thanks,
Bryan :cool:

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF you can read then please read my prior post more closely and pay attention:
Quote:Too bad there’s no way for a Ebay user to find those things out. As ads are closed or removed there’s no way to know who did it or why. Fact is reserve or not you can pull a ad anytime you feel like it for what ever reason. As an avid Ebay user I was just saying you got to do your homework and know what you’re doing.

I do not know you or wish to discredit you. Please pay attention. I said: I do my homework. In the case of this car I looked at some things. Your Ebay history was just one other thing I looked at. I Dont care what excuses (you seem to have many) or circumstances you had. I DONT CARE ! All I know it looks SHADY. Too many people get on here and bash Ebay. I find it a great place to buy things. It's sad that there's too many scandals on Ebay that are taking advantage of a system that can't really be monitored or held accountable. Ebay has all kinds of disclaimers.

PS.Qoute:It's a shame that you have nothing better to do with your time.
Answer: I don't need to say anything

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TwoBryans. I do my history work and this is just one other thing that caught my eye on the exact thing I talked about.

Prior Ebay Purchase?

What ? I like the fact you can purchase a 66k car and then buy motor ? No description ! No Nothing ! Just Motor. Like I said before

Shady :rolleyes: Just my .02

This looks like you are trying to discredit him :) But, I hear where you are coming from. If I were researching the history and saw that, I'd probably be leary as well. If Bryan hadn't have come on the board and explained the situation, I definitely would have chalked it up to a scam.

I'm glad Bryan got a good deal... let's see some more pics of the car!

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperrt96,

3)The seller agreed to post a quick auction so we could leave feedback for each other.
That's it. No more, no less.

I have done this many times.

Back when the bucs won the SB, I was running short auctions to get rid of the Div. and SB hats, as well as jerseys.

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can vouch for twobryans.he has a killer car collection and has had some of the finest turbo v6 buicks in the country.he still has a bunch ,and also a bunch of real fast cars including 8 9 and 10 second cars.ease up on him guys he is a very big asset to the viper nation.he had a 96 or 97 blue and white before .i know were trying to **** out the phoneys ect, but on this one the guys legit.if i only would of got that 800 mile gnxfrom him :headbang:

TwoBryans

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can vouch for twobryans.he has a killer car collection and has had some of the finest turbo v6 buicks in the country.he still has a bunch ,and also a bunch of real fast cars including 8 9 and 10 second cars.ease up on him guys he is a very big asset to the viper nation.he had a 96 or 97 blue and white before .i know were trying to **** out the phoneys ect, but on this one the guys legit.if i only would of got that 800 mile gnxfrom him :headbang:

speedshftr,

Good to hear that you are still out there. Thanks very much for the props.

I'm just amazed that my purchase of a clothes dryer motor would cause such a stir. I figured I might have to prove something to the guys here if I was selling something, but I simply bought a car and was invited here and then the bashing begins. I didn't ask to be here and am blown away anyone would be so petty. This is the exact reason that I rarely post and would prefer to talk one on one on the phone or in person and would gladly do what I can to help anyone. I guess I'm just not with the "in" crowd and if that's what I have to do not to be bashed, I guess I'll keep being bashed. I am my own man don't need to kiss anyones ass nor do I really care what anyone thinks.

I hope that you are doing well. Let me know if I can ever do anything to help. I'll be in Salisbury, MD tomorrow. Are you still living in DE?

Thanks again,
Bryan :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang