10lbs Roe Supercharger + Champion Plugs Also = Disaster...

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running a Roe blower with 10lbs pulley & **** on a 1994 RT and had some issues with emissions in NJ. I pulled the plugs out, and the results are in the pic below... ugh :shocked: . (btw, Sean Roe & Chuck Tator are the best :2tu: - thanks for all your help guys)

You must be registered for see images

-nick

OP
OP
N

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, it wasn't running all that smooth. Sean pointed me to the Bosch FR8DC plugs so I'm going to give those a try.

OP
OP
N

nfelmlee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plum - only mods are the roe blower, **** injection, and roe exhaust. I'm stock otherwise.

-nick

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, the bosch FR8DC is what most all the tuners use. Those plugs look like about 2 steps cooler than stock. Did you retard the timing at all?

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am using the NGK BKR7E plugs and they have been great so far. I am stock Gen 1, other than 8# roe, water/****, and 3" exhaust.

martyb

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks really bad.
You likely had sever detonation issues.
Where are the plug parts missing ?
How did you notice that your plugs were in this state ?

Personnaly I use FR5-1 on street and light racing and FR5 for racing (with 6.5lb pulley).

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not so sure about detonation. I think he would have damaged pistons if detonation was the cause. The plugs certantly got hot, hence my question about timing. If you retard it too much you will burn the electrode off.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have several issues there and the spark plugs are just the biggining.

1) You are running too lean for pump gas. See how lite the color of your plugs is its because your air/fuel is lean.

2) Your plugs were too hot, you cant run factory plugs and 10lb's of boost.

3) Your 3rd and 4th plug from the top may be indicating engine damage. The very dark color on them suggest oil burning, which is bad.

Who tuned this car? And who suggested those plugs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te