1150 Degrees F. , no wonder it gets hot inside....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was just doing a little R&D on a stock GTS here at the shop (taking a break from writing a software manual). I measured the temperature of the collector on a stock GTS with a K type thermocouple. It was a whopping 1150 F degrees at idle. I was looking into the temperature differences of the exhaust pipes between the cylinders also. #'s 1 to 8 were typically 740 degrees F at idle, while # 9 and 10 were between 570 and 640 F.

Sean

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

If the individual cylinders were 740ish, what would make the combined temp so much higher? What do you think the internal cat temp would be?

Thanks!

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is better for heat suppression, ceramic coating, or the heat blanket stuff? Starting to get tired of the heat in the cabin.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>What is better for heat suppression, ceramic coating, or the heat blanket stuff? Starting to get tired of the heat in the cabin. <<<

HF cats (and 3"-CORSA) reduced the heat inside the cabin very much

BoostedV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do not \"WARAP\" a stock cat!!

You do not want to "wrap" your stock cats!!! this will only cause them to retain excessive heat internally and cause them to fail prematurely. your best bet is to get the corsa and a high flow cats. then place some insulation between the cat and the driver compartment (behind the cat) and then get some fine S.S. mesh and drill a pair of 1 1 /2" - 2" holes behind the front wheel in the fiberglass that sticks out to close the front of the sill then take mesh and use some "automotive seam sealer" around the edges and glue it in place from the back side. then take some flat black spray paint and paint from the wheel well side..... simple as that...

:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog