12.35 e.t. and 123.6mph; isn't this e.t. a little slow?

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
12.35 e.t. and 123.6mph; isn\'t this e.t. a little slow?

I have a '96 GTS and with this mph, I wonder why my e.t. isn't quicker. I have street tires, but am using some modes: K&N's, Borla's without cats, Roe computer, smooth tubes and 3" pipes at the mufflers (stock tailpipes with Edelbrock glasspack bullets at the rear). By the way, do these cars have roller lifters, or plain hydraulics? I don't speed shift, and do take a little time to shift gears, but I did win more dragraces at VOI6 than I lost. My times there were slower, with a 12.7 being the best, due mostly to the heat and humidity, with a best speed of only 115mph. My Gtech gave me the numbers today, as posted above. I removed the cats after VOI. Thanks and Merry Christmas everybody!

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 12.35 e.t. and 123.6mph; isn\'t this e.t. a little slow?

I have used the gtech for some time now... with different cars...

your time with the gtec is actually inline for gtec'in....

the gtec, from my experience is consistantly 2/10's high in the ET, and 2-3 MPH high with the trap speed...

so that run, at the track was probably a around a 12.1 @ 120-121

Brooks

http://viper.miamisci.org

Reaction score
Re: 12.35 e.t. and 123.6mph; isn\'t this e.t. a little slow?

I've used a Vericom, somewhat similar to the G-tech. These type of instruments are good for use as "barometers" to judge if your modifications helped/hurt your performance. You may want to try what I did. Next time out at the race track, use the unit in your car down the 1320' and see how accurate your unit is by comparing it to your time slip. I'm not going to tell you the end result, but I'll give your a hint --
You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960