1993 RT/10 Gen1 Supercharger System Test Results....

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Here are the results from yesterday and today's testing of the shop '93 RT/10 with 25,000 miles and our production Supercharger kit (basically the same as our Gen2 kit with mild differences).

Run #001, stock with only tubes and filters.
Run #3-20 were VEC2 testing and development.
Run #22, stock with tubes, filters and Supercharger with 5 psi pulley.
Run #24 same as #22, but with 7 psi.
Run #25 and #26 were as #22, but with 1.7 rockers. The dyno graph showed an exhaust restriction as indicated by the appropriate gain at low RPM, tapering off as RPM increased.
Run # 27, tubes, filters, 5 psi pulley, 1.7 rockers and cat / muffler replaced with 2.5" straight pipe.
Run #28, as #27, but with 7psi.

You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Sean

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn, that's a lot of power and torque from pretty much just installing an sc. nice work sean! :2tu: now i just need to buy the Viper, hopefully next year...

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Sean:
I know you tested this on a 93...do you think because the 96 has the rear exit exhaust the numbers will be higher? Like for example since the 96 has 15hp and 23 foot punds of t. Does that mean that the numbers for a 96 under test_27 would be about 564hp and 618 foot pounds of T (give or take a few hp and T)? Or the change of the exhaust is very minimal and has no big change?

Oh...sorry, the bigger and way more important question is, are we still looking about May or it might be sooner?

Thanks for all your hard work.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"I know you tested this on a 93...do you think because the 96 has the rear exit exhaust the numbers will be higher?..."

Yes they should be a bit higher as you suggested, but perhaps not due to the rear exit exhaust. The '92 and '93 had a different cast iron exhaust manifold that don't look as good (for flow) as the '94 to '97 cast manifolds. The better flow should help pick up some more HP. Also, the '96's have a higher base HP, due to cam and other minor changes. One very good thing about a '96 RT/10 engine is that it has the larger intake ports found in the Gen1 motors, as opposed to the smaller ports in the Gen2's.

"Do you have the A/F?"

Yes, absolutely. The air / fuel module from dynojet was a $2,500 option and we use it on every pull. It's pretty flat at 12.0 +/- for all pulls except stock. I can post it if anyone would like (as I did on the other thread). Also note that these pulls were done pretty well back to back with only one tune test pull in between. These were the "is the Gen1 Supercharger kit going to work well and should we go into production?" tests and not final tune tests. I think we can make one or two more HP here and there on the 93 octane fuel and can pick up more with race gas and more timing advance.

Regards,
Sean