1996 b/w, $37,900

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until you see the vin#'s car fax... yikes.

Do tell.. I'm curious. I know the current owner and he's even more maticulous about his cars than I am. He purchased the car from a former member of our club. Not sure of it's whereabouts before that.

OP
OP

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested as well. I have a 96 b/w and was sorta just looking here and there to get a feel for what our cars are fetching in this economy. Still holding up well, though in this case, it looks like the owner wanted a fast exit.

Do tell.. I'm curious. I know the current owner and he's even more maticulous about his cars than I am. He purchased the car from a former member of our club. Not sure of it's whereabouts before that.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be interesting the car looks perfect... accident?

really?, you can tell a car looks perfect from pictures? Pictures!?!?

can you see the bent frame?
can you see the replaced a-arms?
can you see the valve/lifter tap?
can you see the ect...

didnt think so

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is also listed here under the classifieds section. I sent him an email asking him about the car's condition and if it was ever repainted or in a wreck. I never heard back from the guy. He has it listed here for 42K. I offered $38K for it which i thought would be a steal if he took it.

Kroger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
really?, you can tell a car looks perfect from pictures? Pictures!?!?

can you see the bent frame?
can you see the replaced a-arms?
can you see the valve/lifter tap?
can you see the ect...

didnt think so

It looks... paint looks clean so atleast from the pictures it looks like they did a decent job in a repaint then. What all happend? I just am curious to watch what all the 96's are going for these days and obvioulsy this one is not as good as it seems and should be significantly lower.

androbud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not flawless. Steering wheel is cocked even when the wheels are straight just like my 96 GTS. Mine's paid for and I'd be homeless before I sold it to anyone, but I'd be lying if I told anyone it's flawless. Something happened to that car.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cocked wheel means nothing. Any good alignment guy can fix it and it probably needs to be checked anyway..

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not flawless. Steering wheel is cocked even when the wheels are straight just like my 96 GTS. Mine's paid for and I'd be homeless before I sold it to anyone, but I'd be lying if I told anyone it's flawless. Something happened to that car.

What makes you think that the photo of the steering wheel was done while the car was posed diagonally in the driveway as shown in the exterior photos? Couldn't he have taken it after he put the car back in its normal parking spot?

I'm not getting something here with all of these negative posts based on low resolution photos and the other questionable comments. Is the seller someone who the folks on this board know to be dishonest? If so, just come out and say so.

I hate to see a fellow VCA member dissed like this if he is an upstanding Viper owner.

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The better deal was the 2001 with 1400 miles for $44,900. It was PERFECT. His reserve was was $40,500. Car sold "buy it now" in less than a day for the $44,900.

Whitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am quite interested as well, because I listen to what you guys say about these cars extremely closely, and I would hate to have missed a deal for no reason.

Anyone know what the story is?

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this common behavior for members to throw out hints of something wrong with a car and not just speak up? I sure hope not. I am hoping to ask and get straight answers when I am ready to buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi