1996 GTS door keeps popping open, and slow window roll down

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by Damion Green, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Damion Green

Damion Green Enthusiast

My 1996 passengers side door keeps popping open? also the Drivers side window moves SLLLLLOOOOOWWW. The passengers side does not, what todo?

Barry likes this.
  2. Barry

Barry VCA Member - Midsouth

Viper doors are fragile. The hinge on my passenger door is shot to the point I can not align it properly. Time for a new hinge. I wonder where they stole that part from? The wiring going into the door is also fragile and tight. If any of the wires break your door will not work.
    As for the windows I would like to know the answer to that myself since I have one doing the same thing.

Damion Green likes this.
  3. Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt Enthusiast

Both windows on my '97 are painfully slow as well. I assume it's either the motor or something that needs lubricated in the mechanism. I'd also appreciate any insight before I start taking things apart.

4. Damion Green

Damion Green Enthusiast

The hing I believe is a simple piano style (because Kwality).

5. Damion Green

Damion Green Enthusiast

Just to pass some knowledge along, I have heard that the doors pop open IF they get wet and the water leaks into the door and triggers the electronics. Why it continues todo that as it gets dry? I dont know. But a week after the thing sees rain the door popping seems to go away.