$2.47 fix to cabin airbox gasket

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted the other day about the gasket on my airbox being toast. Found it when doing plugs and wires. See pic below. Several replied wondering what a new OE gasket would cost. I never buy weather stripping like that from a car manufacturer if I can help it. Thanks to Home Depot, we are done.

You must be registered for see images

The new weather stripping for $2.47 (with tax!)

Did the Viper red Playdough to check needed thickness. You can see you don't need the full 5/8" thick foam that was there. That Playdough is squished thin.

Then I cleaned the area with carb cleaner sprayed on a Q-tip. Always be careful around your paint job with carb cleaner...

New foam is on. Miller time.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't last! You used the wrong foam, FROSTKING? It's gonna melt in the Texas heat.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now quick, print this thread or memorize it before the moderators claim it for their own and it costs $100 to view a $2.47 fix.

In case your hadn't caught on during the making of your 8 posts, this site is owned and operated by the Viper Club of America. I'm sure you've heard the saying "membership has its perks."

That said, when a member creates a "DIY" and agrees to have it put in the Illustrated Upgrades section, we don't prohibit that member from sharing the information with those of you who choose to take advantage of the site without joining the club that absorbs the cost of operating it.

That said, please don't dirty up a nice thread with anymore of your wisdom, it won't be left alone.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Nice fix Dave!

kco...correctomundo!

Last edited by a moderator: