2 inch seat drop

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering if the 2 inch seat drop kit is the same for the
passenger side as well as the drivers side? I installed the 2inch kit on the drivers side from jonb 2 years ago and i'm doing the passenger side right now.I ordered the second kit from jonb
and i think it's backwards??? I think the 2nd kit i got is for the drivers side also,is this right,or are they both the same?Also will the seat drop that far with the amp under the passenger seat?
Thanx Myke

OP
OP
M

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanx,do you know if it will drop that far with the amp there?I will call jonb today!I want to drop the passenger side also because some times i"m in that seat with a instructor in the car with me,also i take passengers on the track with me and i know how bad a fit it is with a tall passenger with a helmet on.Plus both seats will look the same height.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased a 2.0" lowering kit this winter and plan on installing soon. My reason for purchase was that while i'm sitting in the current seat with my helmet on, my helmet is barely below my autoform rollbar. In the event of a rollover my helmet could actually hit the ground. I figured lowering the seat was a great fix, however i'm only 5'7", and i hope I'll be able to see over the dash!!! Any thoughts on this? How tall are you?

OP
OP
M

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 6'3 and the 2inch drop was a must to make it comfy with a helmet on.I also have the autoform rollbar and think the same as you about a rollover(head to high above rollbar).For me the 2inch drop made the car feel like i finally fit,and i'm in a good driving position.The bounus is we driving on the street you can see the signal lights with out trying to look through the top rail of the windsheild!You should install it and see for yourself,if you don't like it just go back to stock.The 1inch kit might be better for you though,because you con still move the seat forward.

OP
OP
M

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: 2 inch seat drop(passenger side)

Has anybody installed the 2inch kit on the passenger side?And did you have to move amp?and where did you move it too?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Need more info. What year is your car?

Pass side seat lowering kits are different from drivers side.

Gen III 2-inch kit installs fairly easily on pass side.

Gen IV 2-inch kit is more work on pass side. Lowered seat will not fit over Amp, must relocate. I put the Amp behind the seat. While the seat won't fully recline now, it's much better for taller passengers and at the track with a helmet on.

REALLY wish Dodge would either give us more head room / seat adjustability or not put junk under the seats so that we can lower them. Very few of us fit comfortably or safely (lower than the roll bar) in Vipers with helmets on

You will also have to shorten the Amp mounting bolts, remount the seat weight sensor and the air bag sensor. Not difficult, but time consuming.

I took a few photos of this after I completed the 2-inch seat lowering kit in my 09 ACR. You can email be at: [email protected] and I'll send you the pics.

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery