2 piece rotor ring cost and options

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me why rings for 2 piece rotors cost so much more than entire 1 piece rotors? I think I'm getting to the point of needing to replace mine and I've been looking at different options, but the costs just don't make sense. I really prefer the idea of 2 piece rings, but when you can get a 1 piece rotor for ~$100 each and rings are $200+ each, something just doesn't add up. What are people doing for ACR rotor rings? I've found Stoptech, Baer, Gyrodisc, and I think even Brembo replacements parts, and from what I understand they all fit the same hat. Any preferences or feedback on brands, fitment, and cost?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen 4 ACR?

True ACR G4 rotors are lightweight Aero-Rotors, that flow 60% more air than 1pc standard-vane rotors.

You get what you pay for.

PartsRack has OE slotted G4 rotor rings with new drive pin hardware at partsrack.com or email [email protected]

Last edited:
OP
OP
MoparMap

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, effectively Gen 4 ACR rotors. They are the Stoptech generic ones with the black hats instead of the gold or whatever, but same parts as far as I'm aware. Just bizarre to me that you are getting half as much metal at twice the cost. Still need to measure mine to confirm that they are getting too thin, but they certainly seem to have a slight ridge on the inside and outside edges of the pad, so figured it was coming soon.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar, if you use the analogy "that you are getting half as much metal at twice the cost" then think about the difference between gold and lead!

If your just cruising around then just use stock rotors and save money.

JonB knows more than me but I think only the StopTech rings work on the ACR hats. He's sold me the rings in the past for a good price. I sold my G4 ACR and now run a Comp Coupe that uses Brembo 2 piece rotors at double the cost of the ACR StopTech's.

As far as replacing, most often you need to replace them due to heat cracking.

Good luck!! Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets