You must be registered for see images

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FLATS????? What do I do? I pray to God I never get one. And being 2 exits from Tator's helps!

Manny,
What rim did you go with??? As I said before 20 in the front was right thing to do.

The sensors will work with the new rims if you strap them to the inside of the rim. HOWEVER, I elected NOT to put them in because originally I put them in and 500 miles later they were all rattling around inside the tires!!!! Doesn't seem like the first tire guy I used tightened the metal straps enough. I figured why worry about it happening again: I just removed them and deal with the low tire warning. It is no biggie because it does not chime nor does it flash.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told Dean (orange SRT-10) has the same issue with the tire sensor. Jon over at parts rack told me that only one guy he has heard of out of many wheels sold has had this issue. I am hoping WCV can hook me up with an install that won't fall off with my type of agressive driving.

And yes, going with 20's all the way around. More expensive tires, but damn, the BLING effect is gonna look good!

Looking at getting the hard top next week (or at least ordering it.) Anybody have pics of their SRT-10 with the hard top and no other body kit pieces (wing, front splitter, etc.) I'd like to see what it looks like with just the top.

-Manny

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny
Try looking at Vipermania's website. They have a red one with only the hardtop.

http://www.vipermania.com/

They also have a coupe version coming out soon.

Bob

Do you prefer the ViperMania hard top in pic #1 below, or the autoform hard top seen in pic #2?

Manny

Pic #1

Pic #2

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pic #1 is too much of a bad photochop. The next shot looks good, although a little too close to a Z06.

Pic #2 is ok but I, personally, hate the "B pillar" look with the strange side detail that looks like a window.

Chad

Dante'00ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
greg, are those 20" on the front as well then? What size tires did you get to fit on the front and rear wheels? Also the stance looks bang on, 20" wheels must have brought up the ride height a bit...how did you lower it and how much lower than stock is it?
thanks!

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
19 inch in front. I would recommend anyone getting rims to go with 20 inch front. The side wall for the tire in the front using 19 inch is just too thick in my opinion. I like a really low profile tire. Go 20 inches. It really bugs me. If I keep the car another year I'm going to go 20 inches up front.

I used the Moton system to lower the car. It is straight off the comp coupe. A bit pricey but it is made for the car. There are cheaper ones out there but I'm very happy with the setup.

How low did I go? don't have an exact measurement but it has to be at least 1.5 inches. There is definitely more room to go, but at the height I chose I have had no problems at all. I can't say the same for previous cars I have done, including my GTS (which was very very low).

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought everything from Partsrack. Motons are definitely the expensive route but it is a very good system especially for a car that will never see the track.

Dante'00ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how does the motons work, is it like an airbag system or actual lowering springs with shocks etc. Also, is it completely adjustable as far as stiffness and ride height go? The rake looks perfect on your car, can you lower it even more or drop the nose slightly more yet? The handling must be rediculous on that thing!

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stiffness is adjustable two ways. Ride height is set as desired - The shock body itself is threaded so you can position the ring in which the spring sits to any height you want. I can raise or lower the front or rear as desired.

The handling is truly awesome.