2001 Brakes

Reaction score
The front brake pads are the same as on the other GTSs, but the rear brakes are different. The rear pad is the same as a '93-'97 Thunderbird rear brake. So if you're looking to go to the track, hopefully this will help you get pads.

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear caliper setup is a 43mm TRW from a Mustang Cobra which as Paul indicates must be the same as the T-bird when it comes to the pads. Any Ford guys out there to confirm this? Be cause of the caliper, you can't put a 17" Viper wheel on the rear because will interfere with the bolt that holds the brake line to the caliper which has been moved.

Reaction score
LTHLVPR brought by his '01 GTS he brought for me to check out, and since we work on so many Cobras, I noticed that the rear calipers were pretty familiar looking. Yes, they're the same as the '94+ Cobra rears. They're certainly better than the puny ones that come on the pre-'01s!
You must be registered for see images

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can certainly confirm that they work well. I've reproduced my 110' 60-0 stopping distance a number of times since my first post. If the magazines also confirm that number, the '01 Viper will be one of the best-braking production cars available.

Reaction score
My most humble apologies to LTHL VPR for saying his car was a GTS instead of the ACR that it is. Will you ever forgive me? Can I still come to your birthday party?

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

Are you pleased with your choice of Dark Blue with Silver stripes
or do you wish you had chosen a differant color? I went to the Barrett Jackson Auction today and saw the Dark Blue in person for the first time. It was inside so I still don't realy know what it looks like. It did seem very very very dark. I also saw the GTSR concept car there. WOW! I wish it would be available for 03' I'd put my name on one right now!
Regards,
Steve