2001 last gen 2 coupe???????????

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know that there are any hard facts just yet, but here is my conjecture, for what it is worth:

2002 marks the tenth anniversary of the Viper. I simply cannot imagine that DC would commemorate it by failing to produce a Viper that year. My bet is that they will build a full run of 2001's and build 2002's for most of that year. They will probably shut down 2002 production earlier in the year to retool the line for the convertible Viper of 2003. As with the original, I would suspect they will follow up with a coupe in 2005 or 2006. Of course, this is conjecture just like everyone else...
You must be registered for see images

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks, you have to remember that Dodge is DC now. This is no longer run by Americans.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>A "VIPER" THUMB'S-UP TO AMERICAN MADE!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rumors that have been floating around were the "New true Convertible" will be available in 2003 and the "New Coupe" will be in 2005.
You must be registered for see images

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were told at VOI that 2002 would be like '96 was..... They plan to make 2002 current production for part of the year to allow folks to get one last chance for a coupe, and then switch to the new model.... which will likely be a 2002 1/2 (2003) model which is only going to be available in a convertible..maybe introducing the new model at VOI-7 in Detroit(?)

But, put your thinking cap on. Oreca is going to have to get Coupes from Somewhere, and LeMans will require a certain number of coupes to be made for homolgation.....