2001 Mopar Performance Catalog - New Viper Stuff

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The 2001 Mopar Performance Catalog came today. Lots of new Viper items – many I hope to never need like valves, head bolt kits, rod bearings, etc. . A few highlights for you with direct quotes from the catalog inside the “-------“ along with some thoughts. I’m not recommending anything, just putting out some info.

Race engine controller: The description is quite different. There are no longer any H/P numbers or power percentage increase numbers given. “Not for use by itself.”

180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT: Looks like the well made stock unit in the photo and way superior to some of the aftermarket ones I’ve seen. “Helps engine run cooler under track conditions. Includes gaskets for both heavy and lightweight engines.” The Retail Price is ONLY $9.00!! Pretty cheap unless it’s a typo.

ACR OIL FILTER ADAPTER: “Same as the ACR Production. Provides FULL TIME oil circulation through the cooler. Provides up to 12 psi increase at 5200 rpm. Bolts on with no modification. Not recommended for COLD weather use.” Retail Price of ONLY $57.10!! Another typo or are some Viper parts actually coming down in price? (“Some” as in the smooth tubes are still $240!) No mention of A/C issues in HOT weather. If you can drive an ACR in cold weather.........
well ----- do you ACR owners have a warning against driving your car in cold weather?

FRONT BRAKE DUCT KIT: This does not look like it just hooks up to the fog-light holes but requires some minor facia cutting.

LOTS if rear gear items including what looks like a big push of using the 7/16" diameter ring gear retaining bolts that come on 2001 Vipers. (Pre 2001 had smaller 3/8"). Hmmmmm.

BILLET PULLEY SET: Polished and Clear coated looks nice. 7 pieces that use stock belt so I gather there is no underdrive pulley – All show- no go. (Mopar has an underdrive pulley and sized belt for Neon though).

STREET HEADERS: They also read different this year. Now says “SAME AS 1997-01 PRODUCTION. AND welding required, and may require grinding if the tie-bar for head bolt clearance.” FOR 1992-1997 Vipers. I guess this means they are no longer a direct bolt on for 1996-97 Gen 2 motors but are just from the 1998+ parts bin. Just as well buy someones take offs if you have to be welding on the flange now.

SHOCKS:
Same as used on 1999 to mid 2000 production ACR are $2,352 each
Same as used on mid 2000 to 2001 production ACR are only $1,428 each.
I didn’t know there was such a change.

Anyway, it’s nice to see more parts for the car coming out. They put them in the first section of the catalog. The Mopar Performance Parts tech line is 248-969-1690 if you have questions or “wish list” things for the future. www.mopar.com for up-to-date stuff. Good guys like Parts Rack usually give owners some good pricing on this stuff, too.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Marv.........I also began drooling and even tried to order 50 of the ACR oil adapters ! (Nor could I get even one!) That item is a must-have for track-driven Vipers, esp 96-99....

Ditto for the Thermostat.....price typo. "not resposible for typographical mistakes" or some such. And, the backorder is closed, and NO ship date is offered.

As for the Brake Colling Kit? The vendor bailed on the carbon caliper shrouds..... The kit will be revised as a non-shrouded piece, and avail in about 8 weeks. Too bad, as SCCA GCRs spec this kit as the only approved kit. NOTE: SCCA RACERS CALL ME, as I do have a "Get Out Of Jail Free" letter of sorts direct from Mopar, explaining the snafu on this kit. No promises, but mayhap you can produce your own for SCCA local use. It is NOT a performance issue, as drag is increased w/ most brake cooling devices.

YES INDEED ! In addition to NO TAX to 49 states, PartsRack offers discounts off all the Mopar Performance parts, and FREE, (! usually correct !) advice to our customers and potential customers, saving you time and mistakes. E-me or call for ANY new, used, replacement Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth (and soon OEM GM / Corvette) part !!

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I HAD to live in the ONE that gets Taxed!!!!!
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much of this stuff in the catalog is "Vaporware". It's not produced and you can't buy it...be a Chump like me and keep calling!

Call JonB/Partsrack. He will give you the "real" facts.