2001 RT/10 value

daxman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking at a yellow 2001 RT/10 in good shape for $30,000. The car is all stock, has 57K miles and I was hoping someone here could tell me what a car like that is worth in general. Thanks for the help.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great price especially if she's up-to-date on maintenance and in good overall condition. I'd assume she has a newer set of tires as the OE shouldnt have lasted with that mileage... Ask the seller when they were last replaced.

Still have the Gen1 and 2000? Going for a trifecta of 3 RT10's:) ?

Last edited:

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking at a yellow 2001 RT/10 in good shape for $30,000. The car is all stock, has 57K miles and I was hoping someone here could tell me what a car like that is worth in general. Thanks for the help.
I agree with Dom's post above. Obviously if she gets checked out by a Viper Tech and comes back good, I'd grab it. The yellow would be my second choice for another Viper unless my wife gets her way, white with pink/fuscia stripes! :omg:

OP
OP
D

daxman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Is there a number of miles that make the value of the car drop off faster once you pass it?

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second the recommendation about the tires. The cost of replacing items can add up fast.

Also - does it have hard and soft top? Check the condition of the soft top, especially, and don't assume that all of the accessories are "in good shape".

Of course, this does have a clear title, clear accident history, and no other "surprises"...right?

If it all checks out, it could be a decent deal... but effort is needed to find out exactly what you're getting. Every car has something that you will eventually find out about.:drive:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say $28K if it checks out and is in good condition. Has quite a few miles for an 01.

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say $28K if it checks out and is in good condition. Has quite a few miles for an 01.

Compared to most of the garage queens. Let's see, 10 years old if purchased in 2001 with 57k = 5700 a year. Not terrible but probably 3000 miles more a year than most people put on their cars here (including me). Doesn't seem too bad of a price.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 69K on mine and I wouldn't let it go for much less than $30K. Probably being a little unrealistic as I'm not trying to sell but maybe not. On another thread everyone seems to believe in the appreciating value in years to come. Has the prices bottomed out??? I would like to think in general, that a "good history" unmolested Viper that is mechanically sound with higher miles (obviously not 200,000 miles) would not drop below $25K - $30K no matter the year. Even Corvettes with much, much higher production runs bottom out at $10Kish +/- no matter miles or year (not 200,00 miles as stated above ). Wishful thinking on my part...perhaps possibly. I agree to a point and "obviously" the miles play a role but how much of a role if the demand is there being it is a limited production car??? Not trying to be unrealistic maybe just optomistic??? Again, I'm not trying to sound ignorant I just believe we have a special vehicle that has always been in demand and will achieve a decent resale because of supply and admiration. :dunno:

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 69K on mine and I wouldn't let it go for much less than $30K. Probably being a little unrealistic as I'm not trying to sell but maybe not. On another thread everyone seems to believe in the appreciating value in years to come. Has the prices bottomed out??? I would like to think in general, that a "good history" unmolested Viper that is mechanically sound with higher miles (obviously not 200,000 miles) would not drop below $25K - $30K no matter the year. Even Corvettes with much, much higher production runs bottom out at $10Kish +/- no matter miles or year (not 200,00 miles as stated above ). Wishful thinking on my part...perhaps possibly. I agree to a point and "obviously" the miles play a role but how much of a role if the demand is there being it is a limited production car??? Not trying to be unrealistic maybe just optomistic??? Again, I'm not trying to sound ignorant I just believe we have a special vehicle that has always been in demand and will achieve a decent resale because of supply and admiration. :dunno:

I think $28K would be a great deal for the car if it checks out. Even 30K isn't really a bad deal if its a super nice car. Mileage is all relative. I have seen cars with 4000 - 5000 miles that looked to be in worse shape than much higher mileage cars. If it were me, I would go for the car that was taken care of the best with the leaset issues. Some of the low mile cars are real nice, but you encounter another set of problems if they were not stored properly. I say anything under $30K is a good deal for an 01.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miles seem a little high for $30k IMHO. I would make sure it includes the hardtop as well as soft top. Check the soft top for any wear, rips, etc. With the hardtop, make sure of condition of paint, latches (has all 4) and headliner. I would make sure a good Viper tech checks the car out, want to make sure there are no hidden issues...frame rust, anything bent, etc.

Good luck, pretty car...would be a weeee bit nicer, if RED!!!:D

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think $28K would be a great deal for the car if it checks out. Even 30K isn't really a bad deal if its a super nice car. Mileage is all relative. I have seen cars with 4000 - 5000 miles that looked to be in worse shape than much higher mileage cars. If it were me, I would go for the car that was taken care of the best with the leaset issues. Some of the low mile cars are real nice, but you encounter another set of problems if they were not stored properly. I say anything under $30K is a good deal for an 01.
I concur!! :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang