2001 sapphire

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was measuring my stripes to make sure when I repaint it that I get the width and spacing correct. The stripes are 8" and are spaced 4 1/2". is this correct for a sapphire striped 01'

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a search for 'stripe'

VIPER STRIPES

1996 - GTS's, the stripe width is 8 1/4", 3-15/16" between the stripes

96 - 209mm-100mm-209mm

97 up (changed again in 2000 or 2001 I think): 203mm-112mm-203mm

2001 - 8 inches wide, 4 1/2 inches between the stripes

2002 - Stripes are 8" wide, 4-7/16" between the stripes

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh My Gawd !!! You placed a tape measure on the hood of your car?!? The anal-retentive clean freaks are going to eat you alive!!!

:smirk:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there another Sapphire that can confirm 4 3/8" or 4 1/2"

2 of us isn't enough?:lmao:

I painted mine on and just went with 8/4/8. I went through the naca duct and the license plate area, not all Vipers do that, just personal preference.

front7.JPG

plates.JPG

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You've gotta love these cars, the pics these cars take caused me to buy $2500 worth of camera equipment.

You must be registered for see images

That particular picture a few posts above is out of focus but does have it's own unique appeal. Perhaps the blurryness actually enhances the 'effect' of the pic as it does make the eyes look harder at the pic. This picture is taken with a DSLR 12.2Mp Canon Camera. The Blue has been slightly enhanced to bring the color in the picture closer to what the eye sees.

Ted

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to make sure, I want to get it right the first time as the person who put the stripes on obviously got mine wrong, everywhere I looked I found 4 1/2 spacing on 01' so obviously the sapphire is different.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was Detroit, you know? 3 Vipers washed and dried within 20 minutes.

We were driving to Milan Drag Strip and got washed by a horrendous storm (dirty detroit?). We drifted on their wet skid pad instead. Our Vipers got embarassassingly dirty. 20 minutes and $15(?) and we were clean and back on the highway heading for dinner/banquet.

Perfect for what we needed and I'm sure our pictures were on their wall next day.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, I think that's the confirmation he was looking for.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ted what's up with those clear coat scratches? That would drive me nuts.:D

It does. I spend a lot of time with my polisher between wax coatings. Tito sent me swirl mark remover and the paint looks good every time I polish it.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, kinda weird about that pic.

Auto focus didn't and I didn't delete it. "Stance"? I don't know, this picture is strange. It does seem to have an 'effect'.

Here's an excelent pic with good color and saturation, although it doesn't seem to have that "effect"?

Ted

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all about the angle, Ted. The first one had the best angle and would have looked even better if in focus.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong, Ted. The blurry Viper is on a down slant while in the other pice, the Viper is on an up slant; different angle and the down slant is a much more menacing posture. Now, get back out there and take the money shot. The picture above is closer but still not quite the angle. What a shine though! Yummy!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks.

I bought a Canon T1i and now I can get some decent sunlight pics. All the point and shoot cameras (even the $700 ones) weren't picking up the Blue in the sunshine and the color usually washed away. But, I'v gotten a few 'keeper' shots lately.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang