2002 FE Viper #13 Wrecked for sale

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this was the member from the NY/CT region who recently crashed his FE. Rumor has it that he went right under a guard rail! :crazy2:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad...on first inspection seems to be only upper cosmetic plus side sill. However, looking closely at the passenger side photo, it looks like the bumper is angled down a bit and the inner wheel well is pushed up. Could possibly indicate some minor frame damage or just bent mounting brackets for the bumper.

But, for me, to go to the trouble and expense of buying an FE, I would prefer one that was mint, never in any kind of accident - just for resale/collectability.

Otherwise, why not just pay less and get a nice 2002 GTS?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROFL....completely laughable.

"Buy it now" price of $29K for a 2002 GTS that needs a $15K+ hood, a front bumper, both side sills, a headlamp, and who knows what else....that would be the MOST expensive salvaged Viper ever by the time you're done fixing it.

It's a parts car, nothing else.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow. I think they are off the market just a little on that one. That is all the car is worth done much less a 20k repair bill.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would figure the seller bought it from the insurance company for around 10-14k, i personally would only consider buying it for 12K if i was to repair it, remember it more than likely has a salvage title now

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A member here just sold a clean 12K mile B/W 96 for $30K.

these are the same guys who sat on a high priced salvage SSG ACR for 3 months, good luck to them!

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was also thinking about the b/w that sold for $30k and what this guy is asking for a salvaged viper, it hurts i did not move on the b/w, it was only 40minutes from my home :(

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aint that the car the dude smacked the shoulder on recently

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Salvage title doesn't keep you from driving the car on the street again, does it? Just decreases the "collector" value, correct? If I wanted to buy it as a track car, that I want to "drive" to the track, I could get plates on it, no?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not with a salvage title. You would need to get it in the state that you could get a rebuilt title. (Also called "Prior Salvage") Salvage title is not able to be licensed. Lot's of people use the terms incorrectly.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROFL....completely laughable.

"Buy it now" price of $29K for a 2002 GTS that needs a $15K+ hood, a front bumper, both side sills, a headlamp, and who knows what else....that would be the MOST expensive salvaged Viper ever by the time you're done fixing it.

It's a parts car, nothing else.

I was going to say the same thing. At $29K even with used parts you would still be at $40K not factoring in labor. Might as well just buy a clean one. For a parts car or salavage rebuild, it would need to be sub $20K to even have a chance to make sense.