Bail Bond paid by Zen=105 bucks
Hanging with other viper owners=priceless

8372viper_jon_002_Medium_-med.jpg

8372viper_jon_001_Medium_-med.jpg

8372viper_jon_003_Medium_-med.jpg

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang son.. you got this up, before I even got home..

Had a really cool time with you guys.. thanks for the beers and brotherhood.

Yeah.. some lawyers gonna get Fat from that ticket... those who are curious.. the boost just felt soooooooooo good I couldnt help myself, did well over 100 on the highway (yes stupid) and hit the brakes and got her down to 86 :) in a 55 .. lol... as the cop kicked on the radar ... :)

Thanks again, cool hanging with you guys !!

Jon

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now those are some classic pics! But, you went to jail for 86 in a 55? Its late, so I wont get on my soapbox, but that really *****

Nah, its something about "bond" so they need something to make sure you show up to court. Could be your license, $105 bucks, or some thing from some motor club or something... Anyways, it was fine, I decided I wanted to give them cash, so Zen kick'ed down a buck o'five and I ran into the police station to "pay bond" at no point was I in jail, or cuff'ed

Jon

OP
OP
Z

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The story would have been much better had you been cuffed, car flat bedded off the highway, thrown in jail and shared cell with your new boyfriend Bubba.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I actually cannot drive in Wisconsin, suspended license over there... Police in those small towns is HORRIBLE, I guess their only revenue.

Not that I'd ever want to go back there unless kidnapped or forced by gunpoint!!

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol; Something you kids will appreciate as you get older, maybe one of the few. Get pulled over, remove helmet or roll down window and they see a guy with grey hair and a big grin saying something like "man, I'm sorry officer I really deserve this one" and 3 out of 3 times in last 12 months, get a big laugh and start talking about cars and stuff. 30 to 45 minutes of b.s.ing and they say something like, "I should write your butt up but hey, I understand, you're a guy and I would have done the same thing (after I kicked a guys *** on my 'busa). Just be careful from now on please." Shake hands and count my blessings. All were local police in So. Cal communities.

Jon, sorry this happened to you, I told you to be careful!

Larry
OLD GUYS RULE
The older I get, the better I was.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The story would have been much better had you been cuffed, car flat bedded off the highway, thrown in jail and shared cell with your new boyfriend Bubba.

Zen,
Maybe for you, but I woulda had a nervous break down.. lol... All good in the hood, bubba's gonna have to find someone else..

rleminv,

I hear ya chief, its been about 10 years since I have gotten a ticket, so I think that, and the car being brand new (we wont tell them it was the third one I have bought ;-))might get me a little leway. Who knows, we'll see.. its not going to kill me either way. Live and Learn.. I have done things far more stupid then that, and by the grace of god gotten away without a scratch, I can appeciate the law of probabilities on this one. :2tu:

Jon

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Jail for 86 in a 55??? Freaking pigs have nothing better to do. They are green with envy because we make in a month what they make in a year.

I'd go to jail EVERY DAY if I lived in Wisconsin! literally!

I once had a cop give me a ticket for "spirited driving" (careless) when I really wasn't. He later told my lawyer before court "A good looking young guy, in that Porsche covertible.... he probably gets so much [******] he deserves to get a ticket"

And I've had same envy problem since back when I had my red 95 RT/10 and I was only 25 years old.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to go Jon....you $lut! :D Drive that ***** like everyday is your last day to live!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for a Valentine 1 radar detector.

Saved my "fanny" a bunch of times.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Should have stuck to the break-in protocols...like you said you were going to baby it. :smirk:

I'd say keeping it limited to 3,500 and below is still breaking it in. But in 4th gear, thats plenty of MPH... Thanks Nanny. :rolleyes:

Jon

You're in the boooost up to 3,500 rpm and well over 100 mph...you think you're the only one that ever had a SC? No way you didn't go over 3500 rpm. :p Glad you got a ticket...hahaha! :D Hope you did some damage to your engine too! :smirk: I guess you'll find out sooner or later. You should not go into boost on a new motor smart guy. Ford even knows that as they program the Cobra not to activate boost until 300 miles is accumulated and that's on a motor that was originally designed and built for it(forged internals). People like you are one of the reasons I've NEVER bought a used car. :rolleyes:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have stuck to the break-in protocols...like you said you were going to baby it. :smirk:

You're in the boooost up to 3,500 rpm and well over 100 mph...you think you're the only one that ever had a SC? No way you didn't go over 3500 rpm. :p Glad you got a ticket...hahaha! :D Hope you did some damage to your engine too! :smirk: I guess you'll find out sooner or later. You should not go into boost on a new motor smart guy. Ford even knows that as they program the Cobra not to activate boost until 300 miles is accumulated and that's on a motor that was originally designed and built for it(forged internals). People like you are one of the reasons I've NEVER bought a used car. :rolleyes:

You fellows are funny and relentless. That's ok, what hot rodding is all about.

Regarding engine break in, as I understand it with today's technology and manufacturing standards it is not necessary as it was years ago. The break in the manufacturers really want is to get the driver accustomed to the vehicle rather than have it driven balls to the wall from the first mile. Now they're not going to agree and most of you probably don't either, but IMO drive the vehicle like you always would as the conditions permit. If that means you need time to get the feel, no problem. Waiting for 250-1000 miles then revving up only serves to stretch rods so the rings travel past previous wear; great way to insure an engine uses oil. More important is where they say to fluctuate speed/rpms during these early stages of a motor's life.

I understand this is all debateable. I have never heard anyone that races and pushes their motor to have problems on the street afterwards. This stuff is built to use so if the time is right, use it. What are you saving it for??? If you have the ability to handle the vehicle, I have to agree with a previous post to drive it like a *****.

Larry

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Larry....

Devildork is such a tool bag. Jason Heffner told me something different about break-in. I personally spoke with Jason and he asked me a pretty obvious question: "Jon do you think I have time to take all of my customers cars for 500 mile drives, before I put them on the dyno and show them what I've done?" He then went on to explain he feels its perfect fine to run the cars, but just as if the motor had 10k miles on it, you still dont do anything stupid. If Jason Heffner says its ok to take a fresh motor to its performance peak, I'd say its a safer bet I go with him, then you. Its my personal choice to not go to red line, and I consider it due diligence. Lucky for us both, its my car. So go start your own break in thread, and lets see who listens or even cares. :buttkick:

Jon

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Thanks Larry....

Devildork is such a tool bag. Jason Heffner told me something different about break-in. I personally spoke with Jason and he asked me a pretty obvious question: "Jon do you think I have time to take all of my customers cars for 500 mile drives, before I put them on the dyno and show them what I've done?" He then went on to explain he feels its perfect fine to run the cars, but just as if the motor had 10k miles on it, you still dont do anything stupid. If Jason Heffner says its ok to take a fresh motor to its performance peak, I'd say its a safer bet I go with him, then you. Its my personal choice to not go to red line, and I consider it due diligence. Lucky for us both, its my car. So go start your own break in thread, and lets see who listens or even cares. :buttkick:

Jon

Guess that proves my point that you went over 3500 rpm. Guess that makes you a liar and a person of poor upbringing and character. That's what I thought. :smirk:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Larry....

Jon

Guess that proves my point that you went over 3500 rpm. Guess that makes you a liar and a person of poor upbringing and character. That's what I thought. :smirk:

Wow, Devildog, I have pitty on you, because apparently your pretty bitter. Life has you stuck apparently. I went through the trouble of explaining that one of the best turners in the world disagrees with you, yet I still out of my own prefrence chose not to run her up the rpm range. You chose to ignore all that, and show your ignorance. Yeah, I've seen you be bitter to others too, ***** to be you I guess. Don't worry, I wont feed your pathetic ways again.. consider yourself ignored.

Jon

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
What a frikkin idiot...

Its Jons car, let him do whatever he wants. Dont attack his character.

Agree, who the heck is this guy to critizice anyone in that way?

And yes, with today's technology there is not need to break in the motors as back in the 50's.... Tolerances are 1/1000 of what they used to be, and in most occasions a BRAND NEW motor of today, has less friction than a "broken-in" motor of 20 years ago.

Break it in hard, it'll run hard.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the porsche factory a few years ago & marvaled at every engine is put on the dyno @ WOT for 30 minutes right on the assembly line, then after the car is built Hans & Franz take it off the line & onto the autobahn @ full chat (with a cigarette in his mouth too!) When I asked the engine manager why do you have a break in requirement of 2k in the owners manual he replied"because too many people complained about no break in so we put it back in." nuff said.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: :2tu:

Anyway, back to the original post:

Got a ticket, huh? :curse:
d a m n

2003silvervette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol congrats on the ticket jon, it was only a matter of time until it was going to happen! but hey at least you arent one ticket away from losing your license like me!!

take care and enjoy the new whip!!!

nick

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Larry....

Jon

Cut him some slack, he's probably still hurting from the body cavity check!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LMAO :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang