2002 Hood Pad Part Number?

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did a search but could not find it so figured I would start a tread so others can find the part numbers when they do a search.

What's the hood pad part numbers for a 2002 Viper? My Dodge dealer says you have to buy the whole hood! haha :omg:

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha yea well I get parts a wholesale prices from them. I did not want to bother either one of those guys. Figured I would start a thread so it is in the database so people and find it in searches.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! $138 bucks, that actually sounds reasonable. I didn't think any part that had a Sneeky Pete, Fangs, or the word Viper on it would ever be reasonable.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I was amazed. I might just buy another one, paint it, and put it on my garage wall!! Let's see if it will get here in one piece. I have heard that they are very difficult to ship...

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part# 4848024ac List Price 138.00. Readily Available. Hope This Helps.

Wait a min, that number goes to heat sheild...Not a HOOD PAD
I got a back up 2002 hood pad a while ago to keep as a spare(Still in the box) and there were NO more in system is what I was told.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heat shield? Um well would that be the hood pad? What is the part number on your box?

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the heat shield is the silver looking thing by the spark plugs.
as for number on the box for the "HOOD PAD"here it is
#04848024AC
I was told there are no more in the system so good luck . if you want one you will have to find one that someone is hording away. and no...mine is not for sale.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The p/n given twice is correct

What we call 'hood pad' they have called 'heat shield' and 'insulator pad' over the years. Lots of these get returned-rejected over the years because they get corner-damaged enroute to dealers. Some crushed. They go back to MoPar, and simply get re-sold ..til someone accepts the damaged goods.

We stopped carrying our Gen2 painted pads simply due extreme liklihood of s/h damage inbound and out. During our hey-dey we ordered 10 at a time. We would get 6-7 good. There were several times when our rejected-returns CAME BACK MONTHS LATER!

We later would have to request a 'hand pick' at MoPar while ordering several, in any hope of getting undamaged pads. If you find one, my best guess is that it will be damaged. hood pad fasterer pins are p/n 6003351 and you wont likely be able to reuse 2/3 of your old ones....

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The p/n given twice is correct

What we call 'hood pad' they have called 'heat shield' and 'insulator pad' over the years. Lots of these get returned-rejected over the years because they get corner-damaged enroute to dealers. Some crushed. They go back to MoPar, and simply get re-sold ..til someone accepts the damaged goods.

We stopped carrying our Gen2 painted pads simply due extreme liklihood of s/h damage inbound and out. During our hey-dey we ordered 10 at a time. We would get 6-7 good. There were several times when our rejected-returns CAME BACK MONTHS LATER!

We later would have to request a 'hand pick' at MoPar while ordering several, in any hope of getting undamaged pads. If you find one, my best guess is that it will be damaged. hood pad fasterer pins are p/n 6003351 and you wont likely be able to reuse 2/3 of your old ones....

The MSRP on those pins is $3.70 each but, :

Those "hood insulation retainers" are also used by Ford under part # 385330S and are manufactured under part # 3036R by:

UFO (Ultra Fasteners Div.)
207 Seminary Ave., Augusta, KY 41002
Tel: (866) 327-7225 Fax: (800) 859-0666
e-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.autofastenergroup.com
Body hardware; specialty fasteners

Any good body shop supplier will carry them at less than $1 piece

Luc 00GTS

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep us posted, I need one too! I was actually considering getting a damaged one, and glueing bits of it to mine to make mine attach at all points again.

Regards,
Aaron

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep us posted, I need one too! I was actually considering getting a damaged one, and glueing bits of it to mine to make mine attach at all points again.

Regards,
Aaron

I called the dealer this AM because I checked 2001 Service Manual and they called it a "HEAT ELECTRO-MAGNETIC INTERFERENCE SHIELD". They checked on their computer again and said that part number checks out and they are showing 26 in US.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question, is the ACR hood pad different than a regular (non-ACR) Gen II?

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my pad! It's in perfect condition! Trying to decide if I want to paint the snake or not.

Does anyone know the drive side pad part number? Might as well replace that too.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I think I will paint it. Might as well as I have the thing off of the car. Also just ordered some hood clips thanks to LifeIsGood.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the number. Well I started painting it.... ha It's a PITA so lets hope I do not screw it up!

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my pad! It's in perfect condition! Trying to decide if I want to paint the snake or not.

Does anyone know the drive side pad part number? Might as well replace that too.

you do know that on a Gen2 you can also put a shield (part # KS21DX9-AC) on the right side?

Luc 00GTS

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered one from my local dealer. Said it had to come from Detroit. List was also $138. Got mine for $114 delivered to my door since I have a dealer's license. I tried looking on the Mopar site listed above with no success. Figured the "straight to my door" option was worth the extra $4.

My original pad was in bad shape. Removed a couple of times and partially destroyed by an errant belt I think. I want to paint the new one, but since my car is all black with 01 wheels I think the only colors could be silver with a touch of red to match the motor.

Any comments or suggestions?

I'll let you guys know what condition it is in when it gets here later in the week.

Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21