2003 Detroit autoshow

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if the Illinois club was planning another trip for the autoshow in Jan. Always a good time and was hoping someone was putting it together again. Please let me know.

thanks,
Stephen

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of right now- The trip has been canceled. I was planning on going, just got word that the CAAP Tour was canceled. DC is not allowing the tour due to Security reasons and the problems they are having with the SRT10 cars. Without the plant tour the trip has been scraped.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Illinois VCA was again going to tour CAAP and ASC on Jan 10th. Being the point guy on setting up the CAAP tour I received the call about the cancellation. DC cancelled all tours at all DC plants, which included CAAP. A security threat at one of DC's North American plants prompted the move. It had nothing to do with the the SRT-10. My silver 03 was moving down the line last week. CAAP Plant Manager Cindy Henderson had tried getting CAAP exempted from the ban. No dice. Thank you for trying Cindy. We are all REALLY DISAPPOINTED by DC's decision. Touring CAAP was the Crown Jewel of our Detroit Weekend. Hopefully DC will resume CAAP tours in the future. It was another very special Viper perk that makes us the most passionate car owners on the planet!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4