2003 inside door panel repair

RevLimit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my passenger door window motor replaced by my local Dodge dealer. They told me that my interior door panel trim might break during door removal. They said it was tricky to remove. and if it did break they weren't responsible for repairs.

Long story short, it did break and I decided against buying a whole new door panel at the time and live with it.

Anyways, one year later it is really getting annoying. What is the correct way of repairing that little black plastic trim that goes along the inside edge of the door next to the window. I have tried to takes some pictures of the area. To better explain.

I used hot glue to no avail. Should I try double stick tape or just buy a whole new $1000 door panel from Dodge. I keep thinking that money is better spent on new exhaust or something.

Attachments

• viperdoor1.jpg
    viperdoor1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 88
  • viperdoor2.jpg
    viperdoor2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 87
  • viperdoor3.jpg
    viperdoor3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 54
  • viperdoor4.jpg
    viperdoor4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 56
  • viperdoor5.jpg
    viperdoor5.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
R

RevLimit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That thread helped alot. It looks like I will be forking over $200. Thats alot better then $1300. I hope I can install it correctly now :)

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer is an idiot. They are tough to remove if you don't own a small screwdriver. Anyway 'Lord Fusor' fixed mine after I broke it. Once I saw the clip, taking off the other side was pretty easy.

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That thread helped alot. It looks like I will be forking over $200. Thats alot better then $1300. I hope I can install it correctly now :)

Its fairly easy, I just did both of mine and if you need any help just PM me. Good luck!

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are plenty of used and recovered door panels out there for a fraction of the price of a new one. XVipers has all kinds of parts and I'm sure a door panel. Just saw one there, mint condition, not sure what they are asking for it.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RevLimit, if you get that after market one let us know how it works out. pix would be nice too.

sly

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up splitting mine in half removing all the material from the center and using 3M double sided tape to the top half and onto the door panel. It came out good. Just took my time to avoid braking them. Still on with no issues.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my passenger side door (although not quite as bad as yours). I used some good, old fashioned super glue and it has worked just fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96