2004 model changes

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-------------------
"For 2004, a new exterior color — Viper White — joins Viper Red, Viper Black and Viper Bright Silver Metallic. In addition, red brake calipers are now standard."
-------------------

I don't think this has been posted yet:

2004 DODGE VIPER SRT-10 — AMERICAN PERFORMANCE DEFINED

Completely redesigned a year ago, the Dodge Viper continues to symbolize extreme performance and extreme attitude. Blending brute power with classic yet outrageous styling, the Dodge Viper SRT-10 retains its title as the Ultimate American Sports Car — and as the icon of the Dodge brand.

In creating the third generation of the Dodge Viper, Chrysler Group’s Performance Vehicle Operations (PVO) engineers set out to give loyal Viper owners new features they were asking for in a Viper, all the while ensuring certain attributes of the car — its legacy, its Viperness — would remain.

The result: a Viper that features greater levels of refinement, yet raises the benchmark for unmatched performance, retains Viper’s outrageous design and dominating road presence, while preserving its true American sports car heritage.

“The Dodge Viper SRT-10 screams outrageous passion and pure performance,” said Darryl Jackson, Vice President — Dodge Division, DaimlerChrysler Corporation. “It offers everything the automotive enthusiast could ever want. It boasts dramatic styling, extreme performance and an incredible racing legacy. Logically, it’s the flagship of Dodge’s ‘Race Inspired, Street Legal’ SRT family of performance vehicles. The entire Dodge SRT line of vehicles will live up to the standards the Viper SRT-10 has set.

They will be the boldest, fastest, most powerful vehicles in their segment.”

The Dodge Viper SRT-10’s styling cues include lowered hood lines, swept-back fenders, and deep-cut side scallops — reminiscent of the original, yet giving it a refined look. Body panels feature extensive use of advanced materials, including resin injection molded (RIM) and sheet-molded composite (SMC) panels, which comprise the windshield frame, cowl panel, rear quarter panels, front fenders, doors, hood, deck lid, and front and rear fascia. A bi-fold clamshell top with a single center latch makes the Viper SRT-10 a true convertible.

From behind the wheel in the Viper SRT-10’s race-derived, two-seat cockpit, the driver looks out over a highly functional, performance-oriented instrument panel with a bold, center-mounted tachometer and a 220-mph speedometer. A traditional pushbutton starter at the driver’s fingertips recalls authentic sports car memories.

But what is visible on the outside and from the cockpit is only part of the ultimate sports car package, as the Viper SRT-10’s true performance is defined beneath the skin.

An aluminum-block 8.3-liter, 505 cu. in. V-10 engine — packing 500 horsepower (372 kW) and 525 lb.-ft. (712 N•m) of torque — powers the Dodge Viper SRT-10. A whopping 90 percent of the torque is delivered from 1,500 to 5,600 rpm. The engine has been recalibrated for 2004 to meet Low Emissions Vehicle (LEV) requirements.

The Dodge Viper SRT-10 features an aluminum, four-wheel independent suspension, complete with lightweight high-performance aluminum control arms and knuckles, as well as lightweight aluminum-bodied front and rear coil-over shocks. The high-tech Viper SRT-10 suspension includes a Dana 44-4 Hydra-Lok torque-sensing limited-slip differential.

Polished 19" x 13" rear and 18" x 10" front forged aluminum wheels are clad with Michelin zero pressure (ZP) tires that transfer the Viper’s power to the ground. The tires incorporate low-pressure sensors in the valve stems.

Brembo 44/40 dual opposing piston fixed front calipers with 14-inch rotors and Brembo 42/38 dual opposing rear calipers with 14-inch rotors result in world-class stopping power. The Viper SRT-10 boasts a virtually unheard-of estimated stopping distance of less than 100 feet from 60 mph.

Other Viper SRT-10 performance estimates include 0-60 mph in less than four seconds, a top speed of 190 mph, and 0-100-0 mph in less than 13 seconds.

For 2004, a new exterior color — Viper White — joins Viper Red, Viper Black and Viper Bright Silver Metallic. In addition, red brake calipers are now standard.

Further refinement features for 2004 include standard trunk carpet and a new folding tonneau cover.

You must be registered for see images

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see tonneau cover....my guess is that it will fit '03's as well. Red calipers ???? not sure....could look alright

OP
OP
V

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great in white! Thanks for the post.

I think DaimlerChrysler just photoshopped a previous press photo and made the car white. I'm waiting to see what the white will actually look like, although it will probably look similar.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The white in the picture looks real good. I still say they should chrome out the side Srt Viper emblems. It's the first time I heard that FOUR car colors were available.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White is right, I'll be my next. This car really needs no stripes, it just doesn't. Might be a bit to ostentacious.

Skip White

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like white on the SRT, but I'd think that it will look relatively subtle, and I'd like to see blue stripes as well with the white. I had read somewhere that stripes were going to be an option for '04, but who knows?

Blue is the color that I'm looking for, but I think that D/C will wait for the SRT-Coupe before they offer that color.

-Dean.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see the SRT in Steel Gray (2000) and Viper Blue. Viper blue tapered stripes would look very fitting on the White SRT. I need to see the entire picture of the SRT to voice my opinion.

The white in the picture looks real good. I still say they should chrome out the side Srt Viper emblems. It's the first time I heard that FOUR car colors were available
1996 model year. RT/10 color choices - Red with Yellow "trim", Black with Silver stripes, White with Blue stripes; GTS color "choice" - Blue with White stripes

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
When the first SRT photo was released, here was one of my photo"chopped" images:

You must be registered for see images

....and didn't '94 AND '95 offer Red, Black, Green, Yellow?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4