2004 vert low miles plate bracket screwed to front-OUCH!

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to seal the deal on an 04 Viper with 2k miles, in showroom condition, still under warranty. Exactly what I'm looking for-color viper red and clean. Only problem is the original owner placed one screw to hold the front plate on, dead center of the nose of the car. My shop could easily fix it, but I'm just wondering

1. Should I not worry about it and just enjoy it.
2. Should I have my shop take it off and fix it.
3. does it hurt the value.
4. How much should the dealer knock-off for it.

I'm going to pay a premium for the car, at 43k due to the fact that it has extremely low miles and is in great condition. I'm also going to change the exhaust to Mopar catbacks-do you think it would be worthwhile to try to haggle with the dealer with them as payment for the front bumper? Can't wait to buy-hopefully-this vert and join the club.

Thanks for the help.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if im buying, it hurt value BIGTIME. if im selling it, i say fix it right and shut up...lol

id tell him, you will get it fixed right and send him the bill. this way you can control the repair and quality of it

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See if Jon B has a factory painted take off bumper. The bumper can be off and on in abuot an hour.

V

Venomiss

Do you plan on driving this Viper for many miles?
Clear bra in the future at all?

Have them fix it if it bothers you before you purchase.
It sounds like a pretty good deal. Pictures if you buy it please.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would see if you can get them to knock off some money for the hole. Get it repaired and drive the heck out of that baby. The sooner you are driving it the better.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
See if Jon B has a factory painted take off bumper. The bumper can be off and on in abuot an hour.

thanks a lot for the suggestion....... but I would say don't buy my bumper. Just get the dealer to fix it correctly for you.... and maybe give you a break on the cat back installation!

ps you may want our rubber-clothespin plate bracket if a risk of tickets in your area

Last edited:

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A company called bumper plugs sells plugs for this very situation and in red too. I bought 2 in silver to plug same holes in my porsche turbo and worked like a charm. The plugs are pretty cheap and like Jon said, if your state requires a plate you can always remove the plug.

I have a red 04 I bought in Dec 08 with 8k miles I paid 43k for. I love my car! Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery