2005 VIPER SRT-10 HEFFNER TWIN TURBO PROJECT

Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys let me know in advance I just might be able to have a little track "hook up". I have a couple friends that run tens and have no cage or anything. It just matters who is working that day. Let me know when you guys are going to run and I will talk to my friend that works there.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let us know when you get it back. A couple of us will come up with you guys to the track.... Ive been kinda curious to see what my 600+ to the wheels does..... not that I would be able to keep up with you guys though... hahaha

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you guys let me know in advance I just might be able to have a little track "hook up". I have a couple friends that run tens and have no cage or anything. It just matters who is working that day. Let me know when you guys are going to run and I will talk to my friend that works there.

I'll take you on that offer.
Once the car comes back, let's arrange something to run all the high HP West Coast Vipers. :2tu: :2tu:

Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a plan let me know when the car returns. I may in return ask for a little ride along hehe if that sounds ok.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious...what clutch/PP did you end up going with?

I'm sorry but I'm not allowed to say.
I already got into little trouble for giving out too many details.

:bonker: :bonker: :bonker:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Its one thing to keep Cam specs and piston specifics a secret, but a clutch...?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. Just curious. The engine was completely out of the car on November 24, 2005, is the car done yet? If not, how much longer do you anticipate that it will take? Also, are you just going to jump in the car and drive it after it is modified to produce more than 1000 RWHP or are you going to get some instruction first on a drag strip with full safety equipment, etc.? Lastly, is the vehicle insurable? Thanks in advance for the information. I have been wondering about the above issues since the monster RWHP twin turbo Vipers started showing up.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The engine was completely out of the car on November 21, 2005, not Nov 24th. I posted the pictures here on Nov 24th.
We are trying to make everything perfect and perfection takes time. Nevertheless, Heffner is ahead of the schedule with my car.
I’ve driven high HP cars before, not at this monster level though. It will take a little practice and seat time and some track time for me to get the best out of the car.

:2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Absolutely 0 RWHP, 0 RWTQ :D :D

7653Heffner_Viper-1-med.jpg

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

looks good!!!! did they have to cut out the front end bumper support? The tublar metal bar that runs under the headlight across the with of the car? Or is it just a dark photo?

vd..

It's behind the intercooler. It's hard to see in this picture but it's there. :2tu:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
INSOMNIAC Im surprised your not there sticking your finger in the crack, you seem to do it so well with the C6. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: Looks good

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
INSOMNIAC Im surprised your not there sticking your finger in the crack, you seem to do it so well with the C6. :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: Looks good

:LOL: :D I just can't help sticking my fingers whenever I see a C6. :D :D

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hum... some of those -8 lines look like they were for the oil cooler on a GEN2. That's a good way to save on some $$ !

nice setup!

JD

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks my fuel sys execpt I ran a sump and SS lines

6400IMGP3760-med.JPG

looking good

are you going to run a water/**** setup as well?

vd..

What kind of Aeromotive pump are you using? I'm using Aeromotive Eliminator 11104, not the A1000. They look like each other on the outside. Either way, I think you will have more than enough fuel with your setup for your turbos and stock shortblock.

I am not using a water/**** system.

OP
OP
I

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hum... some of those -8 lines look like they were for the oil cooler on a GEN2. That's a good way to save on some $$ !

nice setup!

JD

7653DSC00398-med.JPG

My fuel system uses an Aeromotive Eliminator Fuel Pump 11104 with -12 AN inlet port and -10 AN outlet port. As far as I know, no -8 AN lines in my setup.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but I spy a reducer coming out of the fuel filter. I could be mistaken, but i'm pretty sure that's a reducer.

Either way, the eliminator is a good pump. I used to use one until i maxed out its flow.

lookin' good!

JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi