2006 catless w/ 02 simms

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone cut out both pre and post cat on a 2006 and used O2 simms to prevent CEL and safe mode? I was told that on 2006 vipers the PCM looks not only at the O2 readings of the post cat but also the delta Temp to determine if cats are properly functioning and prolong cat life. If this is so, wouldnt the 02 simm have to send a default O2 reading as well as a temp reading to the PCM to work on a 2006 model?

Also, any companies that make a bypass pipe to attach to stock exhaust manifold upstream down to cat back system downstream OR did you just take to local muffler shop????

Anybody feel free to throw in your .02c on this. I want to understand how the system works. My 04 did not benefit greatly on power from cat removal but sounded like a mean ***** and was a simple replacement w/ O2 simms and worked great. Wondering about the 06 though?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
2006 should be the same as 2004 in this case, i.e. downstream 02 sims should work.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yep I'm wondering about this too as I'm thinking about this mod. What kind of hp increase should you expect. Some people say there is a smell , some people say no smell. Any advice?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sims didn't work for me. I have my down stream o2's reading outside air. 15k miles no problems no lights.

OP
OP
S

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you saying? .... You just unscrewed downstream O2 sensors and wired them up to frame, didnt plug anything into them and still no CEL.?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4