2006 Corsa/K&N Installed - ECM required?

What is your experience with CORSA/K&N on 2006 Viper?

• Don't like this combo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heard the combo works well

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Installed this combo and hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Installed this combo and love it

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valentine61

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just installed a Corsa Track exhaust using the stock cats, and also installed a K&N Aircharger. With this extra throughput will the car run to lean? Do I need to get the ECM remapped?

Thanks.
MM...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Valentine...we put in the Corsa Cat-Back Track Exhaust and K&N Air Intake on our 2005 Viper. We did need some more fine-tuning done, which was never completed. LOVED the combo...but we actually found Green Air Filters to work better. Not dyno proven though.
BTW: You can certainly private message your VIN# to the administrators (lee00blacksilvergts, kcobean) and be UPGRADED to Viper Owner...any thought to joining your regional Viper Club? Once a member, you're entitled to access to all sorts of information on what you are asking. Any questions, you can also call the experts: Chuck Tator/Viper Wizard 1-914-763-3136 here in NYS.
You've got a exhaust there...hope you like and enjoy it~! ~juli

OP
OP
V

Valentine61

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike & Juli

Thanks for the hints and the quick reply! I've had a little difficulty figuring out this site, like how to show Viper Owner (even though I've registered my VIN in the profile), how to post a pic/epitar etc. I joined the VCA southeast chapter last year and it has been great. I'll send a note to the administrators and try to get upgraded.

Sounds like the ECM mapping is not a requirement in that nothing will get damaged without it, rather it would simply fine tune the performance. I love the sound and performance from this combo - just thrilled that I put it on. Actually Jason Heffner installed the exhaust - he specializes only in Vipers, Lambo's and GT's. Check out his site for some cool pic Heffner Performance. I'll going to check with him about fine tuning the ECM also.

Cheers!
MM...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey MM...no problem at all~! WELCOME! Yeah, one has to send the administrators your VIN# and VCA#, they don't know to upgrade you to VCA Member (thank you for joining!)...once you let them know they will quickly get you set up. You cannot change the Enthusiast to Viper Owner yourself, the admins. have to do that. Once you are listed as a VCA Member, you can then UPLOAD your avatar...under USER CP, edit avatar, you then upload whatever picture you want of your Viper. (You have to be a VCA Member to do that...so get a note to the admins. ASAP!)
Yep, know all about Jason Heffner's work, awesome as it is! GOOD job going to him. And, yeah, a fine-tune is never a bad idea after installing exhaust/air intakes. ANY questions, you know you can ask here. Nice to have ya onboard~~~juli
(Pics too when you can of your 2006...would love to see it)

OP
OP
V

Valentine61

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Juli

Just thought I'd let you know that the Admin got me all set up on the site. Thanks so much for your suggestion.

Also, I contacted Heffner about the ECN question. He gave me a really technical answer, but the short of it is that the Viper does not use a typical mass airflow sensor, rather a fuel air mixture system that has the ability to adjust the fuel delivery by up to 33.6%, so short of significantly changing the air volume (not enough change with the Corsa exhast and K&N), the stock Viper system takes care of it just fine - hence no ECN adjustments required!

Man - I love my Car!!!

MM...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOOD WORK, MM~!!! Glad ya got all settled in and that you also got your first queston answered by Jason. NICE to see your avatar! ENJOY your VIPER...don't we all??? :)
~juli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine