2006 DODGE VIPER SUPERCHARGED Moton Suspension HREs 750 35k buy it now on ebay

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why anyone would even begin to think that its legit is beyond me. If you're stupid enough to fall for it, you deserve the consequences that follow.

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the key right here

moto74racing
You must be registered for see images
( 0 )
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Just joined ebay-No Feedback

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Scam, probably someone elses car. fake name and addy. I really hope no one one this board falls for this !

ok i just looked at it(ebay listing that is) and it should only be 15-20 min from my house i am going to try to go look at it(you know it ain't gonna be there or happen)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just sent the seller an email and told them i want to come buy and look a the car so i can try to buy it. Wanna bet that the car will not be available to look at

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thats odd, i just bought it for $1341.68. how could we both have bought it? :dunno: you must be mistaken. now im gonna just stuff this cash in the envelope... damn, never a stamp when you need one!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If it looks to good to be true, .......

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful out there

Just got this after I emailed him while the listing was active.

Hello there,
Thank you for your interest in my 2006 Dodge Viper .
I closed the auction earlier because one person offered me the buy it now price but in this moment his loan was not approved so the car is still available for sell.
I cannot accept financing because time is a real issue for me so the car is still available.
I need cash immediately to buy a new house next week so i am selling the car at a very very good price.

The car is at the shipping company sealed with all the paperworks and the clear title, ready to be delivered.

Now i am located in Olympia,Wa as i am here from this week.I have some medical problems with my son and i am here at a hospital.

The price I want to obtain for it is $ 35,000 US .
The car is like new with clear title, completely working, perfect running condition, with no hidden damages or accidents,it has always been garage kept,low miles.
You will receive the car with all the necessary papers(clear title, bill of sale, user’s manual,insurance etc).
I am requesting a $9,900 refundable deposit at the begining of the shipping and the balance to be paid after delivery and inspection.You will have 7 days to inspect the car.
If you are not 100% content with the car you will ship it back on my expense to get your deposit back.I am sure this will not happen, because
it is a state of the art vehicle and you will have no reason not to be content with it.I will offer free shipping for US.
This is a large purchase and I would like to use a third party for this transaction as I want a smooth and safe transaction.We will use eBay as third party.
First you will pay the downpayment to eBay and the reminder you can send it directly to me or trough eBay also.
Please note that eBay will hold your deposit of $9,900 until you will confirm that you received the car and you transfered the title into your name.

If you agree with these terms, please send me your full name, home and shipping address,eBay ID and phone number so I can register the transaction with eBay asap.
...waiting for your fast answer,

Daniel Chelpet,

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Olympia Wa. How can I help????? Ask him what hospital he is at and I will go see him. There is only 2 hospitals here.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have been trying to go view the car(yea i know its not real or there, just mess with the guy) . As mentioned above Royal Oak is 20 minutes away from me(haven't told him that yet). So i get two very similar emails to the above, and i keep trying to push the issue on who the shipper is and that i want to inpect the car and i have got two very similar emails.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that is so funny, i just got the exact email from him. what do you think? should i screw with him for a bit??

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The car is at a legitimate Dealer in Arkansas, we sold the car new and the owner has verified that it is at a Exotic Car Shop there. This bozo is completely illegitimate and is obviously a scam artist . No use to waste anymore time here, and fortunately many advised Ebay and it was withdrawn.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did a "buy it now" and asked the seller to remove the listing right away to avoid being out bid.

NOT.

BTW - scam red flag, HORRIBLE ENGLISH / WRITING / SPELLING.

"First you will pay the downpayment to eBay and the reminder you can send it directly to me or trough eBay also."

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen this exact same scam on ebay before... word for word on the email response. There must be some way to track these Aholes down and prosecute.

Personally, I think the death penalty is called for. :omg:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the typical "Nigerian" scam; the person is probably emailing you from Lagos!!!

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fell for something like this a few years ago when this whole scamming thing was still new to the internet. Luckily my brother emailed me the link to the REAL car on ebay right after I got back from Western Union. I hadn't contacted the "seller" yet to tell him the funds had been sent, so I quickly cancelled the transfer of the $5,000.00. I ended up losing the fee for the transaction which was a few hundred dollars, but it could have been much worse. I checked the Carfax and things didn't jive, but I wanted the car so badly that common sense took a back seat to emotion. I ended up getting a Viper later, but I took the money with me and I no longer buy a big ticket item from the internet unless I can physically put my hands on it first.

I contacted a few law enforcement agencies and even the FBI about the scammer, but they all said they get HUNDREDS on call every day and they just don't have the manpower to do anything about it. I wish I was some sort of computer genius so I could track these pieces of crap that do this...but it's probably better that I don't.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
start in nigeria. first person you see off the plane... scammer. second one, scammer too. and so on and so on.....