2006 Viper OEM cats. Anyone have?? Needed desperately.

funkykilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I actually need a set of stock cats to register my car in California (it came without cats). I can't use Eastern's as they aren't legal here. Does anyone have a set of OEM cats they'd be willing to part with for a price? Please help, already got a ticket for not registering.

Owning anything fun in California is such a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the help.

Sankar

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of moving to Montana you could also contact one of the corporate agents in Helena, MT and have them set up an LLC for you in Montana. Google Deer Creek Corporate services. Believe their website is www.mtvehicles.com. You can then register your cars, RV, boat, etc in Montana as company vehicles. No need to ever go to Montana, they do everything via mail and they send the plates and registration right to you. You would need to get an insurance policy though that names your LLC as an additional insured. Progressive does this although I'm not sure about California. PM me if you want more details.

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I actually need a set of stock cats to register my car in California (it came without cats). I can't use Eastern's as they aren't legal here. Does anyone have a set of OEM cats they'd be willing to part with for a price? Please help, already got a ticket for not registering.

Owning anything fun in California is such a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the help.

Sankar

Here you go buddy: a complete Viper exhaust system at a great price and in California too!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/2668157491.html

OP
OP
F

funkykilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks SFViper, wish I had seen that before i placed my order with X2 for the cats for $300 total. Maybe Ill just buy this system so I can swap the aftermarkets back in after smog.

SFViper, where you located? I thought maybe I had the only Viper in the city since everyone here drives freaken Prius-es (sorry if thats your second car ;).

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yuck, for 300 total, I'd rather spend $580 total and get hi-flow cats and gain 30hp :)

Wait, are hi-flow (random tech) cats legal in CA?

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks SFViper, wish I had seen that before i placed my order with X2 for the cats for $300 total. Maybe Ill just buy this system so I can swap the aftermarkets back in after smog.

SFViper, where you located? I thought maybe I had the only Viper in the city since everyone here drives freaken Prius-es (sorry if thats your second car ;).

I'm located in SSF. You'll be surprise how many Viper owners live in the bay area. You should join the Northern California VCA group, we get together several times a year. We were at the track last month, everyone had a fantastic time taming their Vipers. Checkout the Northern California Regional Forum for announcements. btw - my second car is Not a Prius :rolaugh:

OP
OP
F

funkykilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JLorello, no hi flows aren't legal here, they won't even ship them to California.

SFViper, I'll def check out the nor cal group.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery