2008 'B5 Blue'

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any ideas what this color looks like? Like the old Vette 'Nassau Blue'???

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The colors shown in the chart are NOT accurate according to SRT - they are just "placeholders" for the 2008 color chart. These are the actual 2008 paint samples:

08colors.JPG

The Viper Violet is second from the right on the lower panel. The bright blue is second from the left.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The colors shown in the chart are NOT accurate according to SRT - they are just "placeholders" for the 2008 color chart. These are the actual 2008 paint samples:

08colors.JPG

The Viper Violet is second from the right on the lower panel. The bright blue is second from the left.

Very cool. And very different from the chart above. I like the B5 ... hmmm, but what color stripe?

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really hard to tell what this would look like on a real car. Anyone have any pics of this color (B5 Blue) on a car? White, silver, or black stripes would look cool.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermann - as I answered in the other thread, if they're calling it B5 blue, it probably looks alot like the old Mopar muscle car color B5 Metallic Blue and probably more so like the Electric Blue color on SRT-4's (its code was PB5). Do a Google search and you should find plenty of photos.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My photochop attempt at B5 color ... still too dark, but an idea

(thanks to another member's useful pic)

MyViperside.jpg

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a version of the color you're talking about I did when the colors were released.

You must be registered for see images

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still want to see the colors on the car. I have had red vipers, blue vipers, and it is time for another color. The light blue is going to look either really good or really bad. I keep hearing that the venom red is more maroon than dark red but I hope it is more a dark metallic red. I guess we will not know until late summer. I have time to figure out if I can get my act together and end up taking a major drive this summer and hook up with the guys from Alberta and see Baniff in the current viper( it has a 5,000 mile round trip written all over it if I go back via Vancouver, Seattle, Portland and the 101).

Last edited:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still want to see the colors on the car. I have had red vipers, blue vipers, and it is time for another color. The light blue is going to look either really good or really bad. I keep hearing that the venom red is more maroon than dark red but I hope it is more a dark metallic red. I guess we will not know until late summer. I have time to figure out if I can get my act together and end up taking a major drive this summer and hook up with the guys from Alberta and see Baniff in the current viper( it has a 5,000 mile round trip written all over it if I go back via Vancouver, Seattle, Portland and the 101).

We would love to have you come up and join us in Banff, Jasper in July.

I too think that its more of a maroon than dark red . Heres a few pictures I took when I went to Detroit

DSC00392.JPG

DSC00375.JPG

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

08colors.JPG

So is the Viper Violet like the old Sapphire in 01? Kinda looks like that from the above picture. If so that will be awesome with some silver stripes. :2tu:

I like all of the bottom four.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
AUSTIN: I give you all due respect for your computer skills....and maybe my screen is set wrong.....but "B5 Blue" is an historic MoPar musclcar era color, and THAT AINT IT. See the chips from Y2KGTS: That light blue metalic is IT.

Heres a version of the color you're talking about I did when the colors were released.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm betting your local MOPAR club can find a "B5" blue car for you folks to see. Mine did!

Doctorbob- Feel free to spend the night here in Olympia when you take your road trip!

PBR

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AUSTIN: I give you all due respect for your computer skills....and maybe my screen is set wrong.....but "B5 Blue" is an historic MoPar musclcar era color, and THAT AINT IT. See the chips from Y2KGTS: That light blue metalic is IT.

Thanks. This Photoshop was done BEFORE Chris posted the REAL paint samples that he had taken pics of.:)

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This paint will look good on the Viper. White stripes will help contrast the color. Much more metallic & much less plastic look than the photo shopped representation. Not a bright color.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pleeezze Austin, this is life and death!!! If I order a new Viper and this color *****, it's all over......

If I dont get a Viper any time soon, its all over. I think you have it better off then I do.:smirk: Im thinking this is the color.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paul for the offer....I will keep it in mind.....I have a friends in Kenmore....I am thinking maybe one of these months I will certainly show up for the Washington Viper Club meeting. I will definitely be there in July for my god-daughters birthday. I am also looking at a place for a second home in Green Lake or maybe Issaquah. Bob

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I dont get a Viper any time soon, its all over. I think you have it better off then I do.:smirk: Im thinking this is the color.

Good example of the blue and I wonder if that purple on the right hand side is indicative of the purple. Both of those colors look in the photo look pretty nice.Either would look great with stripes, albeit Silver, white or black. Wow, I think we are in for some great color combos.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you think this color combo (and maybe some custom wheels) would look good on a 2008 B5 Blue Viper?

B5_Blue_GS.jpg

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a B5 blue Charger today and I am not sure how this will look on a viper. GTS blue seems to be a much richer color.