2008 Coupe

R993

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I took a look at a 2008 Viper Coupe, Black, no stripes with about 13,000 miles. It's a lease return, tires are bald on the back with some small windshield chips as well as typical paint chips. It's a CND car and still under warranty until 2011.
The price is $65K CND or around $60K USD. Does warranty make up for the high first year miles and maybe the drive it like you stole it?

With 2' of snow it's just about impossible to take it inspection although I will try to get the service history from a dealership.

Thanks
Rob

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
That's a good deal for a coupe, assuming it hasn't been wrecked. Even if the guy melted the tires at every stoplight, the cars were designed for that. Maybe get it inspected from a reputable Viper tuner to make sure all the parts stressed from hard driving are still in good condition (linkage, gears, etc.) and if he greenlights it, buy it.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be leary on a lease return. You never know if the owner had the intentions of buying it when the lease is up or beating it to death then returning it.

Bruce

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Oh the horror of a Viper owner actually taking his car out all the time and enjoying it:omg:

Seriously. I seem to be the only one to think this isn't a bad deal. 2008 Coupe with 13,000 miles for $60k? If it had cognac interior I'd seriously consider buying it myself.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh the horror of a Viper owner actually taking his car out all the time and enjoying it:omg:
Not a question of a Viper owner enjoying the car instead its a value question= what is a Viper worth with such an abnormal amount of mileage on it (topic of this thread ).

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for that kind of $$ you should be able to get an '080 coupe with less miles

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the build date as we know Vipers were built in Feb Mar 08 which makes this car pretty much 2 years old and being a Canadian car, Is it in miles or Kilometers? If it is KMs then that is only 8000 Miles, by 2 years old is only 4000 miles per year which is not to bad in my books, Depending where the car is at they may have a longer driving season that we have out West, Normally they lease cars for 2 years. That is not to Bad of a deal as long as the car checks out fine!!:D:D

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 13,000 miles is pretty good for a set of rears on a Viper I would believe (if you weren't driving like a grandma the entire time). Good thing I didn't decide to invest in a Viper. I guess my 08 with 23,000 miles isn't worth more than $40,000 now.

:rolaugh:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even care what my car is worth right now. I bought it to keep, drive and enjoy, do track days, cruise, autocross,show off,road trips etc.:drive:
Twenty years from now, when I'm ready to sell it, then I'll worry about it's value.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even care what my car is worth right now. I bought it to keep, drive and enjoy, do track days, cruise, autocross,show off,road trips etc.:drive:
Twenty years from now, when I'm ready to sell it, then I'll worry about it's value.

:headbang:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a question of a Viper owner enjoying the car instead its a value question= what is a Viper worth with such an abnormal amount of mileage on it (topic of this thread ).

Abnormal mileage? First year I got the car, I put 2000 miles on it in one trip. A month later I put another 1000 miles round trip for a weekend. That doesn't include the 5000 miles I put on it driving in circles in my small city.

If I owned a car for 2 years, and only put on 2000 miles, and also keep in mind I can't drive mine 6 months of the year, I'd think I wasted my money.

They're for driving, not shining.:cool:

And for the record, a few hundred of 'em were hard miles on a road course, worth every penny of depreciation too.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abnormal mileage? First year I got the car, I put 2000 miles on it in one trip. A month later I put another 1000 miles round trip for a weekend. That doesn't include the 5000 miles I put on it driving in circles in my small city.

If I owned a car for 2 years, and only put on 2000 miles, and also keep in mind I can't drive mine 6 months of the year, I'd think I wasted my money.

They're for driving, not shining.:cool:

And for the record, a few hundred of 'em were hard miles on a road course, worth every penny of depreciation too.
Thats you and if you tried to sell your car you would get wacked for over mileage .If the majority of 2008-2009 Vipers for sale (WHICH IS THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD )have less than a few thousand miles then the guy trying to sell his with 7500 plus is going to pay for the use its that simple.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats you and if you tried to sell your car you would get wacked for over mileage .If the majority of 2008-2009 Vipers for sale (WHICH IS THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD )have less than a few thousand miles then the guy trying to sell his with 7500 plus is going to pay for the use its that simple.

That may be the original topic of this thread, but like many others this one steered a little off topic.
My point was aimed at what is considered high mileage by most of the posters on here.

And the point was that regular mileage seems more like lack of use.
Not the value deficit.;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled value debate.:D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That may be the original topic of this thread, but like many others this one steered a little off topic.
My point was aimed at what is considered high mileage by most of the posters on here.

And the point was that regular mileage seems more like lack of use.
Not the value deficit.;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled value debate.:D
If you were to check GALVES (industry standard )on a 2006 Gen 3 Coupe they allow around 11000 miles before DEDUCTING FOR OVER MILEAGE..Transpose the 12000 miles to a 08 Gen 4 and the hit will be large. Iam going to grap a galves and get the EXACT FIGURES.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The point is, those that have higher mileage Viper's are out enjoying them, not worried about depreciation. There were 15mi Viper's selling for $69k. That's a huge depreciation hit thanks to Chrysler, so I'm glad I was out enjoying my purchase, rather than being worried about mileage and resale value. ;)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The point is, those that have higher mileage Viper's are out enjoying them, not worried about depreciation. There were 15mi Viper's selling for $69k. That's a huge depreciation hit thanks to Chrysler, so I'm glad I was out enjoying my purchase, rather than being worried about mileage and resale value. ;)
I realize that but thats not the topic of this thread =the person who started the thread wanted to know what he should pay for a very high mileage 08 .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang