2008 IL VCA Dream Weekend!!!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we mentioned last month, the Detroit Dream Weekend was in its final stages. We’re now locked and loaded!! Our date remains the same, January 17-19.

The IL Region has a history of putting together a wintertime visit to the Motor City. The Detroit Dream Weekend is a multi-day event that celebrates the Viper and Detroit muscle! The event includes group dinners, tours, creative attractions, and behind the scenes peeks! The 2008 Dream Weekend will surely appease everyone! This is a must attend event, it’s always a sought after trip.

This Dream Weekend will be a special one for many reasons. We have new venues (some of which really took some work to get into)! And with so many changes happening to Chrysler, we may not be able to revisit some of these venues again. While this will be our biggest group ever, but we are limited to only 90 spots. We haven’t done a Dream Weekend since 2006, so many of us have had that itch for some time! The flood gates are now open.

This is a great trip not only because it combines tours you could only take through our club, but because it’s in a very condensed time period. You’ll have a whirlwind tour of all the things we love to see. We’ve also arrange chartered buses to do all the driving for you so you can relax in style!

You can view the detailed write-up and get the registration form by clicking the below link:
http://www.illinoisvipers.com/documents/2008/2008%20Detroit%20Dream%20Weekend.pdf

If you are unable to open the PDF file above, you can visit our website at Home Page - Viper Club of America - Illinois Region for all the details and to download the form.

We must receive all registrations by January 14th. Because this event is likely to sell out quickly, get your registrations in immediately.

Sadly I won’t be in attendance due to a National VCA meeting in Phoenix that same weekend. Several of my officers and volunteers will be on hand to guide the event along. I’ll be there in spirit! You'll love what we have in store...

If you have any questions, let us know!

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dream Weekend spots are being sold up pretty well, I'm sure we'll sell out. If you're interested ingoing, email me so that we know your intent, and send in your registration. So far we have 12 regions involved! Very nice.

There will also be an addition to the Dream Weekend! We got confirmation from CTC that they will allow us to tour the dyno facility up close! Very cool. I had to push this visit back 1 hour which then gave us just enough time to hit another stop!... the Walter P. Chrysler Museum!!

So this trip will have CTC, Prefix, Connor Ave, Chrysler Museum, Detroit Auto Show, 2 night time dinner gatherings, and a great lunch stop. Buses will take us to most of these wonderful places. This will be one jam packed trip and I sense you guys are in for a real treat. You get a lot for $55 (note: since the Museum was a recent addition, you'll be paying their entrance fee at the door). We're all really privileged to get such wonderful opportunities, jump aboard if you're interested.

Hope everyone is having a good new year. Take care!

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a heads up, we did sell out last week. So we're at full capacity. So no more forms or calls please.

Have fun out there! You're in for a good time. Keep in mind Friday is a LONG day, wear comfy shoes...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex, thank you and the Illinois club for putting on such a great weekend. Can't say enough for all that you, Howie and Gary did to make it such a successful event.

Should of seen the look on the faces when the dyno reached 640 hp!

Motorhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary...

Thanks for having me at your event. It was great meeting you and all of the passionate Viper owners at Friday's dinner.

I look forward to seeing everyone again; maybe later this summer at Belle Isle or the next VOI in Detroit?!! ;)

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Event by Alex and the Illinois VC, as always. Howie and Gary kept everything flowing smoothly and made sure the weekend went off without a hitch.:2tu:

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. And big thanks for Jim for joiinnig us for the discussion at dinner. Wish I was there.

And for those looking for pics, one of the guys from another region posted a whole bunch of them. Excellent shots! Here's the link:

NEVCA - 2008DreamWeekend

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21