2008 Stripes to thin, IMHO

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing the 2008 vipers with stripes, which I do like, they should have made them
wider and run through the plate area. JMHO

Am I the only one who feels this way, just curious ?

viper77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too did not like the thin stripes. I will be having mine painted locally and in the wide stripe. I also did not care for the fact that the rear lower panel is blacked out on factory striped cars. It looks good on the dark cars but, on the SSG it looks unfinished. I ordered mine with no stripe and will have the stripes painted all the way through the entire car. Will post picture when it's done and before, whenever I get it that is. In no hurry anyway, 2 feet of snow, can't drive.:mad:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the wider stripes on my 08 hood. I think it looks even better in person.

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see that there are other people out there who think like I do. If I got an 08, I'd definitely have the stripes done locally so they could be much wider. Don't like the skinny ones. :( Looks really weird on such a wide car.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look great int he pictures I've seen. I've got a new 08 calendar that I am looking at right now. They should go through the license plate tho.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are right I hate my car. :D Right.....they look hot skinny or not. The new hood is the *******, so the stripes are like icing on a cake. You just can't go wrong either way.

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The skinny stripes were one of the first things I noticed (besides the hood) being different. Being a painter I guess that's what happens. If I were to buy an "08 I would add my own wide stripes. Not a skinny stripe fan.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both, but prefer the wider stripe a little more. I really wish the stripes had gone through the rear license plate area on all years though.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its to my understanding that the stripes on the back decklid/bumper and on the roof are the same size as the 06 stripes and that they just taper on the hood,is that correct or are all the stripes on the 08 thinner?:dunno:
Also I agree on the stripes going through the plate area..How hard and at what cost would it be to have a paint shop finish that?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its to my understanding that the stripes on the back decklid/bumper and on the roof are the same size as the 06 stripes and that they just taper on the hood,is that correct or are all the stripes on the 08 thinner?:dunno:
Also I agree on the stripes going through the plate area..How hard and at what cost would it be to have a paint shop finish that?

your right 06 and 08 are the same in the back just different in the front

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All vipers should have the stripe going through the license plae area.... Looks totally unfinished..

Joe

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way looks good. I happen to prefer the Wider ones on my 06, but not totally torn either way. Can someone photo-shop the front of Dude's SSG and put on he three stripe Shelby Super Snake stripes in Black. I always thought the new hood with the smaller area for stripes wouldlook great with those stripes on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang