2008 Viper Magnaflow Dyno Video

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking on youtube for 2008 stock viper dyno runs and ran across this video and knowing only 12 bright blue/ white stripe coupes were built I did some digging and found out that Magnaflow is located in the same town I bought my Viper out of so I called Magnaflow to confirm that this was my car. And it appears to be mine indeed. They used a red 03 to actually design the system but sometime early last year they installed the setup on this one to see if it would yeild even better results on a gen 4.
I am doing all the power mods this winter to try and get 600rwhp out of my car and was planning a scheduling a dyno pull real soon to see what my cars baseline is. Guess I dont have to now. Just hope the Dynojet in Nashville is as friendly as this dyno after all my mods are done:D
When I got the car it was bone stock with just the magnaflow cat backs but I have added drop in K&N filter and cut all cats off. So would that yeild any more power and how much more power should I expect with catless?

How the hell do I post a small video on here like everyone else does???? Below is a link to the video on youtube.

http://youtu.be/za0i53WQ4iw

And heres where I tried to download it to my photobucket :dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool thanks Ryan. Now howd you do that?

Oh and I forgot to tell ya'll the best part about this exhaust even with all 4 cats removed there is no drone on my car! So there is an allternative to corsa for less money and a good bit lighter even.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does it sound in comparison to corsa and borla? I'm starting to hate the way my car sounds with corsas and headers!:mad:

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but that exhaust sounded pretty quiet..maybe it was just the vid tho.

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered this catback. Came across a deal that was too good to pass up. If nothing else it will be worth it to just get rid of my crossover pipes. Hopefully it wont be too quiet. I like loud :) I will be doing high flow cats too.

Did the Magnaflow guy say they got more power gain on the gen IV than the gen III? Mines going on a gen III......

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill make a video this week to show how it sounds without cats. This exhaust is alot like corsa not super loud until after 3k rpms then hold on. The Magnaflow are a tad deeper sounding in the upper rpms than the corsa 3" track. Should be perfect after headers just hope the drone stays away.

The Magnaflow Tech said the Gen3 and Gen4 showed about the same hp and tq gains but the Gen4 gained up in the higher rpms and the gen 3 down lower.

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool I cant wait to get mine on. Looking forward to the no cats video too......

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I just went out and made like 5 videos of my catless set up. How do I post them directly to this page like AbsoluteHank(RYAN) did above???

OK I figured it out. Im downloading videos to youtube now but gonna take a while. WIll attach them to this thread asap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I just listened to my video from the same angle as the magnaflow video and I must say BIG DIFFERENCE between the two!! Catless rules!!

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just listened to your vids on youtube (couldnt wait, haha). That sounds AWESOME!

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. There are 5 videos total so I'll post them here when the last two are done loading. Let me say that the camera picks up alot of extra noise(maybe because it was strapped to the center console and was pickin up every bump and vibration from road noise) but my car is NOT that noisy inside. With the windows up its very quiet inside or Im very deaf :rolaugh:. We know that hatch cars are gonna have road noise to some extent but all the bumpin/knocking noise you here in the videos are actually decel pops. Since I went catless my car decel pops ALOT, and I LOVE IT!!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang