2008 w/mods = 11:55 @ 126 mph

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a 2 tenths improvement in e.t. and no change in mph at this track(Moroso West Palm Beach). Though I did run 11:48 stock at Bradenton.

1. The computer upgrade is highly recommended. Throttle response is much better and the car can be launched off idle fairly consistant. The hesitation and the delay getting WOT is still there only less so.

2. Headers and exhaust sound great. I don't think they added much,but 2 tenths = 2 car lenths in the quarter mile. Use your own judgement.

3. The 3:55's help in first gear if only to get the computer into the powerband quicker. For driving around town they are great. I was able to get a couple of 1.8 short times so the theory that they won't hook-up is wrong.

So $9400.00 for a slight improvement in performance is a little steep.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting since another member on this forum just got an 11.57 on his stock 06. I am sure with some more practice your time will get down significantly more...

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting since another member on this forum just got an 11.57 on his stock 06. I am sure with some more practice your time will get down significantly more...

I am the other guy. We were there together yesterday. One thing that didn't add up and seems to confirm the "computer" issue is Ray made a run and turned I think 11.55. Then I made one an turned 11.67. But when we looked at our slips together I had a quicker time to 330 ft. and the 1/8 mile and he ran a good 1.89 60' on his slip. Then it seems like the car finally came on and he ran the quicker e.t. But it seems impossible that if the computer was letting all 600+ HP to the ground that I could turn a better time to 330 and 1/8. I watched him run and the car got good traction, etc. Plus he has gears, headers, etc. seems like it should trap low 130s. I think the computer is not letting it go.

Reaction score
If you are flat shifting the PCM can time out of WOT and will start dumping fuel into the cylinders to cool the pistons ultimately killing power. If you are lifting between shifts then never mind.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow 9400 that is too steep for that kind of gain i would expect alot more,none the less great 1/4 mile time.

Reaction score
So, powershifting is bad with the 08/09s?

No and I have to correct the above statement also. The WOT timer is set for 12 seconds and does not start till you are over 4400 rpm so probably not the issue here. If you lift or drop below 4400 the timer starts over again. This combo should be good for low to mid 130's in the 1/4 if all is done right.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a 2 tenths improvement in e.t. and no change in mph at this track(Moroso West Palm Beach). Though I did run 11:48 stock at Bradenton.

1. The computer upgrade is highly recommended. Throttle response is much better and the car can be launched off idle fairly consistant. The hesitation and the delay getting WOT is still there only less so.

2. Headers and exhaust sound great. I don't think they added much,but 2 tenths = 2 car lenths in the quarter mile. Use your own judgement.

3. The 3:55's help in first gear if only to get the computer into the powerband quicker. For driving around town they are great. I was able to get a couple of 1.8 short times so the theory that they won't hook-up is wrong.

So $9400.00 for a slight improvement in performance is a little steep.

I think there is an issue with your mods as my 08 ACR ran several 11 teens at 129 and a best of 11.07 at 130mph bone stock with a 1.85 short and 200 miles on the clock on an 78 degree day. Sometimes the mods don't work as good as advertised? I would try the stock computer and leave everthing else the same and try it again. When I used to mod my cars I would do 1 at a time and take it to the track and see if it really helped and many times they didn't, so by doing 1 at a time I wasn't guessing which one worked and which one didn't.

Reaction score
One more very important thing to remember is the octane and quality of the fuel you are using and have been using will also have an affect on the performance.

OP
OP
R

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to the dyno in the next few days to see what she is making now. Still I am the same driver so the 2 tenths gain is all there is right now. At all the check points 330 & 1/8 the average is 1.7 improvement. I know if I ride the clutch to keep the rpms up around 3000 in first the car will do better in first gear. On the street, from a roll the power increase is there. The computer just doesn't want to give it all to me off the line.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4