2010 ACR leak near front wheel?? Shock?

nutrientcobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just noticed when pulling my 2010 Viper ACR out of the heated garage for a warm up that there was a teaspoon maybe of clear heavy oil on the floor. It is just inside the drivers side wheel on the front. It is straw colored and clean looking. Any ideas? I have to take it to the dealer when the gravel clears and will have it checked out. But thinking it may be a shock. It has about 1400 miles on it. Thanks

OP
OP
N

nutrientcobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking shock is leaking. Pull the wheel and feel around the shock, see if there is any oil there.

Thanks, are these shocks still made do you know? I was reading a maker of some ACR shocks is out of business. Was wondering if they are, what will the factory replace them with? Thanks

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, are these shocks still made do you know? I was reading a maker of some ACR shocks is out of business. Was wondering if they are, what will the factory replace them with? Thanks

You're probably thinking of the DS shocks that came on the later 2nd Gen ACRs. Your shocks are readily serviceable or replaceable and will be under warranty.

OP
OP
N

nutrientcobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're probably thinking of the DS shocks that came on the later 2nd Gen ACRs. Your shocks are readily serviceable or replaceable and will be under warranty.

Thanks, and you are correct about the shocks 100 percent. I was thinking of the older models. Just found it on the net. By the way, do you know on these shocks how long the warranty is? The site say lifetime against manufacture defects. Than I saw somewhere 12 month. I will find out tomorrow but thought I would ask. Thanks:usa:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So KWs were not installed on MY10 ACRs...interesting; anyone know why the change to DS...?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So KWs were not installed on MY10 ACRs...interesting; anyone know why the change to DS...?

No, Dynamic Suspensions (DS) shocks were installed in 2000-1/2 through 2002 MY ACRs and are no longer manufactured or serviced by Dodge. That's what NC was thinking of. That's not what's on any Gen-4 Viper. The 2010's have KW's.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '09 had a leaking shock from the factory, had it replaced before tracking it the first time...seems to happen...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang