2011 TX Round-Up Curiosity Poll

2011 TX RoundUp - which option would you choose?

• The Austin Thing

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The San Antonio Thing

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Wave off until next year

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok since the "vote" is in for "the Austin thing" I figured I would invite all paying VCA members to participate in a poll to see which round up activities they would prefer doing this year. Again the roundup will be "the Austin thing" but this will satisfy my & others curiosities.

1 - The Austin thing consists of this (more or less):

Staying at the Omni @ $109/night (same hotel as last year)

Friday - Dyno day at ART then 5 different dining groups to 5 different restaurants in Austin - no 1 large group.

Saturday - Photo scavenger hunt around Austin & dinner in Lockhart (BBQ) followed by a drive in movie at ART.

Sunday - Harris Hill Road, NO hot laps like last year but an obstacle style where the driver must stop at points on the track & perform tasks then "race" to the next station and perform additional tasks (1 lap per person). Folks depart from there.

2 - The San Antonio thing consists of this (more or less):

Staying at the Hilton Hill Country Resort @ $109/night (by Sea World)

Friday - Dyno day at ART & tech inspections for Saturday drive. Meet & greet at resort w/finger foods & drinks.

Saturday - Cruise to Bent Rim Grill in Leaky (1 large group). Have lunch. Split into 4 run groups in accordance with your NARRA class (Green, Blue, White & scenic). Run the Twisted sisters. Cruise back to hotel & either take charter buses to Chart house at Hemisphere Park (top of the Tower of the Americas, needle) or have a sit down dinner at resort with reception, silent auction, etc.

Sunday - Meet with San Antonio SCCA at San Antonio Raceway and perform a parking lot auto-cross as well as NHRA style 1/4 (no 1/8) mile drag racing at the same location - you choose, run as much as you want. Depart from there.

3rd choice - No thanks, maybe next year.

***** UPDATE
Here are the screen shots from the original survey sent out. Jason was able to post them for us here. Once the survey closed I was unable to view them. There are some differences where my memory failed me.

I've never been able to figure out how to post photos in-line.

Attachments

• Option Austin.jpg
    Option Austin.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Option - SA.jpg
    Option - SA.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I voted for San Antonio. Twisties would have been pretty cool. I think the 270 mile run may have scared some owners??

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year's run was 230-240 miles. It was originally planed for 260 (had to make up time so we shaved some off) - for reference.

OP
OP
F

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember folks - this poll if to determine which you would have voted for (Austin or SA). If you are voting option 3 then you are saying that you would have NOT attended this year's round up regardless of what the activities are.

Don't select option 3 if you are not going because you don't like the Austin thing that is selected. This is really an after the fact poll (what would you have chosen).

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would have preferred San Antonio even though it's a longer drive, but I guess others didn't want to do that. I'm still planning on coming, but with the events what they are, I'll have to think about it and see if the Boss wants to come. The Sisters really sounded like an awesome idea, but majority rules.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not everything listed above is true, nor is it inclusive of all of the factors that went into proposing a second format. If you would like more information by which to accurately cast your vote, this post has it:

http://forums.viperclub.org/2931801-post72.html

If asking people on a national board to vote in an (inaccurate) poll for a local event will make you rest easier at night, by all means carry on. Everyone in our region, plus Dallas and Houston, had a chance to vote. No matter the outcome of this second iteration, the results remain and the survey conducted over the weekend was done with much more control over the voting, and had to be concluded sooner because of stipulations set forth by the hotel in San Antonio. Playing armchair quarterback on Monday when you had a chance to actually play in the game on Sunday doesn't accomplish anything but fueling a growing rift between our areas. If that's the outcome you wish for, you're headed in the right direction.

If this is a half-hearted attempt to call me a liar, I'll gladly post my login information to Survey Monkey so you can see the results for yourself. First and foremost I want our members to be safe, all while having a great time. I also want to be fair, which is why this was voted on.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look forward to this event every year, but didn't see any email from Greg regarding this. Seems like Jay Lopez got all of our round-up emails for 2010, and he would forward to the group (not the president at that time). Either way, see y'all in April.

Last edited:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Irregardless what we do and where we do it...it will simply be cool to see everyone again and hang out. I have pretty simple expectations :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang