2016 ACR Modification Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

est8esq

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been lurking around this forum for several months since taking the plunge, ordering an ACR.

Having my ACR in "delivery status" has gotten me excited, making ownership a reality! So, now I'm thinking what to do and what needs to be done?

I've never owned a Viper. (Came close several years ago, but the local Dodge dealer was such a PIA I couldn't get anyone to help me place an order, so ended up going across the street and purchased a GT-R. Following three years, bought 3 new ones.)

So, I'm looking for suggestions who and where you all go to for pads, seats (or parts to install existing race seats), wheels, etc? I understand this ACR being so new, no one may have anything, but was hoping to get everyone's take?

I know the in's and out for other makes and presume there are great shops specific to Viper?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been lurking around this forum for several months since taking the plunge, ordering an ACR.

You've been lurking the forum for months, yet haven't seen all the posts by M. Jorgensen from Woodhouse pertaining to the new ACR and all the mods they do....plus you haven't used the "search" function. I hope your employment doesn't pertain to people's health or finances.

Reaction score

Having my ACR in "delivery status" has gotten me excited, making ownership a reality! So, now I'm thinking what to do and what needs to be done?

I've never owned a Viper. (Came close several years ago, but the local Dodge dealer was such a PIA I couldn't get anyone to help me place an order, so ended up going across the street and purchased a GT-R. Following three years, bought 3 new ones.)

So, I'm looking for suggestions who and where you all go to for pads, seats (or parts to install existing race seats), wheels, etc? I understand this ACR being so new, no one may have anything, but was hoping to get everyone's take?

I know the in's and out for other makes and presume there are great shops specific to Viper?
Here you go; https://www.facebook.com/Woodhouse-Motorsports-Division-167968157736/

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Mark and his merry Viper Techs do a great job. I assume from your handle that you are an estate lawyer. Planning and/ or probate?

OP
OP
E

est8esq

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, given the ZERO posts in the past 100 days in what were dedicated and appropriate sections for my queries, I came here to the section where there appeared to at be some traffic?

And yes free2go, I've used the search function and all I saw were useless comments from the likes of posts like yours that provided no substantive value. Likewise, I hope they don't ever let you out from your 3rd shift? Hate to see you challenged requiring civil conversation?

It's a wonder why no one but idiots making stupid comments about veterans seem to be the only traffic on line? (Somehow the conversation of manual vs. dual clutch transpired into old people and veterans???).

And, btw I'm sure jmorgenson is a FINE organization and have known of them. Have every intention of using them. However, I was hoping to see if there were any other organizations than ONE vendor in the entire country?

Wow???

Last edited:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, given the ZERO posts in the past 100 days in what were dedicated and appropriate sections for my queries, I came here to the section where there appeared to at be some traffic?

And yes free2go, I've used the search function and all I saw were useless comments from the likes of posts like yours that provided no substantive value. Likewise, I hope they don't ever let you out from your 3rd shift? Hate to see you challenged requiring civil conversation?

It's a wonder why no one but idiots making stupid comments about veterans seem to be the only traffic on line? (Somehow the conversation of manual vs. dual clutch transpired into old people and veterans???).

And, btw I'm sure jmorgenson is a FINE organization and have known of them. Have every intention of using them. However, I was hoping to see if there were any other organizations than ONE vendor in the entire country?

Wow???

Don't let free bother you, this really is a good site for info. FYI, Free has been banned from ALL OTHER VIPER SITES. There are good people here that will give you great advice for the questions you ask. PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND and there is a option to hit a ignore button for deleting Free.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow???

I knew you were an attorney from your handle. My uncle and sister are attorneys, my wife was a paralegal and is currently in her second year of law school, my daughter is majoring in pre-law. It was simple ribbing. Relax.
WANTED, piss off.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let free bother you, this really is a good site for info. FYI, Free has been banned from ALL OTHER VIPER SITES. There are good people here that will give you great advice for the questions you ask. PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND and there is a option to hit a ignore button for deleting Free.

This ^^^ is coming from one of the largest trolls ever to grace this site. Welcome to VCA est8esq, and sorry if my sarcasm offended you.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many vendors for parts. There are very few dealers (Woodhouse is a dealer and Mark J. works for Woodhouse) that do performance modifications at all and even fewer that do them at the level and with the accumulated wisdom and expertise of Mark and his staff. I have personal experience with Mark having had my former Gen III modified by him when it was purchased and then shipped back again for more mods later. Mark's work was flawless. There are many in the Viper Nation who will agree with this. There is an enormous benefit to having a dealer do the mods. especially one that has such a long and favorable relationship with Chrysler and its customers.

Wow???

Last edited by a moderator:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
First mod I would make would be a driving school in a Viper. The torque, hp, and handling of the Viper is like no other vehicle out there and the last thing anyone wants to see happen is the dreaded Snake Bite. I gotta believe that the ACR in it's current form is more than most can exploit and take advantage of right off the showroom floor.

You're going to love every minute of ownership - and don't ever plan on a quick gas stop as people will want to talk with you every time! Good luck!

Is it possible to be THE biggest troll on "your own" website Free?

This ^^^ is coming from one of the largest trolls ever to grace this site. Welcome to VCA est8esq, and sorry if my sarcasm offended you.

Last edited:

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP, I'm gonna be civil and serious now. Did you mod any of your GTR's? Did you track them? Obviously you intend on tracking the ACR as you mentioned "race seats" etc. in your initial post. If I were in your enviable position, I would go ahead and ship the car to Woodhouse for the heads and cam package....maybe even get that new suspension upgrade they have been working on. There is another qualified company here in Texas, but I won't mention them as they aren't a registered vendor here on this site, I don't believe. Good luck in this endeavor and enjoy.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Free, you can mention the company, they just can't promote themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members