1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2016 ACR tires and wheels

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by doctorbob, May 24, 2015.

1. doctorbob

doctorbob VCA Member - UT/AZ VCA Member

Would you put a set on a Gen 4 ACR?

2. TRACKDAY

TRACKDAY Viper Owner

I wouldn't do it due to the larger front wheel size which could result in fender rub when the steering wheel is at full lock.

Just my .2 cents

3. cubican

cubican Viper Owner

I'm running the sidewinder2 on my gen 3 with 295 on them I have no problems at all.few pics from COTA at speed of the front tyre. My car is slam as you can see.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

Cubican, I like your car. OP, ask ViperJeff to photoshop a set on your car.

5. gb66gth

gb66gth Viper Owner

I've seen cubican's car in person and those wheels look badass on it. They'18' and 19's not the '16 ACR wheels.

6. Boxer12

Boxer12 Viper Owner

I think the prevailing wisdom is that smaller diameter wheels are lighter and that higher sidewalls transfer less stress to the wheel. The '16 has larger wheels to accommodate larger rotors. IMO the trend to 19/20 wheels is mainly for cosmetic and commercial reasons, and I question performance gains. I know SRT claims the new Kumho ACR tire outperforms racing slicks, but perhaps that is only in the larger diameter wheel/low profile tire configurations? I would need to see more data, or try it before I bought a set as they are surely going to be pricey. Lower profile tires also require softer suspension and more suspension travel. If Kumho has come up with some 'magic' compound or tire construction, it won't be long before it is in use by other manuf.

7. Allan

Allan Viper Owner

I totally agree.

................:eater:

8. Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse VCA Member - West VCA Member

No offense, but kind of a mute point since the cars are not even built yet ( not counting Prototypes) and the rims are not available. Plenty of guys seem to be running the Gen V rims with no issues and the advantage for many is more tire manufacturer choices. They ( tires ) will be fairly limited with 19s all the way around, I would wager?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  9. Viper X

Viper X VCA Member - South VCA Member

I've run aboutr 20K track miles on 315 x 30 x 18 Hoosiers on 11 inch SSR wheels up front on my Gen 4 ACR. No clearance issues......and I drive over the "candy striped berms" whenever it's the fastest way around the track.

You should be fine with the Gen V wheels and tires on your Gen 4 if they are about the same overall height (25.6 inches tall) as those I mention above.....and the car will handle much better, properly set up of course.

Dan